ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much will a 182 cost

What is the average that people are paying for their 182s. Ive realised that i now have 2 years no-claims and my car is up for renewal in 2 and a half years. By then i will have 4 years NCB (im a very safe driver) and be 21. How much would the speedy clio equivalent cost to insure/pay for per month (on average for that age and NCB amount).

Although looking at the new clio the RS200 might not be that nice. might get an older 182 (dont drive them too hard).

Andy

Shhh

I paid £10,600 for a 2nd hand 182 (racing blue with stripes, cup packs on 12k miles)

Insurance is £800 a year, 3 yrs ncb, no accident, nor convictions £880 full comp, aged 24.

Its not the insurance mate, its the £135 tyres it goes through in 6,000 miles.. :)

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

Quote: Originally posted by andy_leitch on 27 January 2005

What is the average that people are paying for their 182s. Ive realised that i now have 2 years no-claims and my car is up for renewal in 2 and a half years. By then i will have 4 years NCB (im a very safe driver) and be 21. How much would the speedy clio equivalent cost to insure/pay for per month (on average for that age and NCB amount).

Although looking at the new clio the RS200 might not be that nice. might get an older 182 (dont drive them too hard).

Andy
alot depends on area that is key. being gp 16 doesnt help obviously but i got insured on mine with 4 years ncd + pass plus for £1100 in october.

muck about on tesco/ confused. com sites and make yourself older and put in the ncd, i did this before i make the change to my clio and it helps with eeking out the running costs. OH make sure that you keep a guid bit for petrol. Whore the car and you will easily bomb 250miles a £37 tank!! These things aint cheap and even with a steady right foot its hard to get 320+miles from them unless your doing motorway miles mainly.

Yeah its possible to get 350 miles off a tank if you drive VERY VERY smoothly indeed. On the otherside of the coin I recently got 14.8mpg at a track day.

I got my 182 in December second hand for £10.4k, insurance is £1350 fully comp with 2y NCD, 1 conviction (3pts), and Im 22.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

Quote: Originally posted by edgerfs on 28 January 2005

Yeah its possible to get 350 miles off a tank if you drive VERY VERY smoothly indeed. On the otherside of the coin I recently got 14.8mpg at a track day.

I got my 182 in December second hand for £10.4k, insurance is £1350 fully comp with 2y NCD, 1 conviction (3pts), and Im 22.

aye sort of 5th gear 30mph material - doesn happen very often lets face it and i think my record was 332.1 or so. WOOHOO!!

Yeah, but dont the clios only cost about thirty quid to fill up. cos if ya can get 100miles to 10 quid, that aint bad going is it?