ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How old are all you 172/cup owners

at the moment i am 20 and lookin for a new car. had a couple of vtrs in the past and currently drive a fiesta zetec-s and need sumthin quicker!!

i fancy gettin a 172 or a cup but am a bit worried about the cost of insurance. how much are you younger drivers payin?

by the way ive got no ncb cos cars have been insured in my dads name and the clio will be too. no points or claims either. (just lucky i think)

cheers in advance

Ross

Subaru Forrester

Hi Ross - I think the no NCB will be your problem. It was for me before I bought my old 16v. I had to get a crap car first just to build up the NCB so I could insure the nicer cars I later had. Get your own insurance ASAP.

When I bought my 19 16v I was 22 I bought it from a garage on a street corner that happened to offer insurance (via a broker). When I told them I had no NCB they said how long have you been driving I said 4 years so they gave me 4 years NCB straight away. I knew that it was wrong at the time but it knocked about £1200 off my insurance. That was years ago and my insurance is legit now but it helped at the time. Ive heard that this sort of thing goes on alot.

Biggy

Lee

BMW M2C

26 with full protected NCB, one SP50 and a total loss in September 99:oops: and I still pay £1,042.00.

As Ian says, get your own insurance as soon as possible.

[Edit] Thats garaged and based on 16k miles a year.

2012 WRX Waggon

Jesus Bates where u livin????

34 y/o million years NCD, 650 squid FC protected with the BANDITS??? at direct line.

Nissan R35 GT-R

Im 20 with 2 years ncb. Paying £1600 with Tesco based on 8,000 miles per year and parked on driveway. Not bad at all.

23, 4 yrs NCD, no c or c, good postcode - just had a renewal quote from Direct Line of all people for £650 fully comp without protected NCD, or £790 odd with protection.

Hi Ross, I was in the same situation as you and I am 20. I have a new 172 Mk2 (2 weeks old - and LOVE IT!!!) Such a great car and lots of toys with it...

I am insured on my dads policy which gives me 60% no claims so my insurance is £1100.00 for the year which I think is brilliant considering my age. Tesco is good so try them...

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

27 and paying about a grand with 5 years NCD would be £130 quid less but Ive put the missus on and shes only 23.

29 with 5 Years protected ncd £523 Direct Line with wife also 29. (Garaged and 10,000 miles)

Estimates for when I hit 30 are about £420

I am only 21 but owned it at 20...... If you want a fast car you have to pay for it........ Insurance is one thing, but also petrol consumption is a consideration.... i jumped from a 1.4s clio to the 2.0 litre 172 and you notice the difference in petrol...... everywhere i go i have to visit a petrol station!

JUST BUY IT and ENJOY

172nightrider

22 no ncb, as i had always been on my dads, 1599 with direct line. This year with one ncb and one year older 1092 with Elephant.

The sale of my old RT only just covered the 1st years insurance on the 172!!! Aaaagggghhh Was worth every single penny though!

LMAO at the Ztec S... Id rather walk poster. I think these should be official Clio Sport Merchandice