ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How the LY182 stands now.

Italian 3.2 V6
Recently got the car lowered. Still got the dull silver 16" Oz F1's. Due to be refurbed once winter has passed though, to either satin black or a nice polished bright silver, still haven't decided on that yet.

Here's a couple iPhone pics..

55d32c80-3590-f1bd.jpg

55d32c80-35a7-2c38.jpg

Cheers.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Go black trust me! So much for not touching it ;)

What suspension you got?

Italian 3.2 V6
Cheers guys :)

Brown bear - actually according to the pressure gauges it's ok.. I thought the same at 1st.

Gaz-kev - Lol ino but couldn't resist!! I agree black would look the nuts but can't help but think I want to give a proper silver a chance just to be different. And you don't want to know what it's lowered on. Trust me.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Cheers guys :)

Brown bear - actually according to the pressure gauges it's ok.. I thought the same at 1st.

Gaz-kev - Lol ino but couldn't resist!! I agree black would look the nuts but can't help but think I want to give a proper silver a chance just to be different. And you don't want to know what it's lowered on. Trust me.

Chopped standard Springs? or worse, Apex springs?

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
How come they are dull now? it's only 6/7 months ago that I had them powdercoated, I was going to get some Turini's done in the same silver this week but if that is what they look like now may have to reconsider.

2-20.jpg

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
standard grey 182 wheels or grey turini's only IMO for a LY of any colour. It contrasts nice with the paint but still means you can see the design of the alloy. In this case I agree the f1's make it look a bit dated, as much as people rim you for having 16" f1's, I personally have never seen the appeal

Italian 3.2 V6
Sorry haven't replyied sooner.

Not sure why the finish has become dull, iv not done anything barr clean them.. I think it's only when the sun is on them direct they give abit of a sparke like your above pic, other than then they usually look quite dull.. But maby that's due to contrasting with the LY as it's such a in yo face colour.

I'm gona stick with the F1's as I think they have potential. with the correct colour/finish they will look so much better and suited to the car, plus these are a much nicer offset.

They are apex ..looool!!, There not as bad as everyone makes out tho tbh, only when there's 3+ adults they don't seem to handle the weight very well. I didn't pay anymoney for them or to be fitted so thought fak it il give them a chance.

Italian 3.2 V6
Well need to get the F1's refurbed anyway so if they still look s**t il get rid.

So know one thinks that a polished metal / brilliant silver finish would look good? So they Tie in nicely with the car (bullets, badges etc) thats what I'm thinking..

I was also thinking maby flatten the Off the face of spokes and rim so they look abit more modern (similar to turini's), Thats if this is possible. As the F1's have a rounded face..

Want to try and stay away from the boring turini's and 182cup wheels..

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I didn't pay anymoney for them or to be fitted so thought fak it il give them a chance.

:cool: :cheers: Glad you like them, i didnt favour them one bit >.<

Find some different wheels, sell me the F1's!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I agree about them being darker, be nice to see some photo shops of darker numbers.

Im going to get a set of matt F1's on my arctic 182

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Love the car, imo though i prefer the ly with standard 182 alloys.

Wheels NEED to be anthracite or black. Silver just doesn't look good.

standard 182's in anthra look the dogs

needs standard 182 anthra's IMO.

Agree with gally, they let a lovely car down :(

Original wheels look so much better imo.

So right it hurts tbh

You're so wrong it makes Jesus cry.

Looking good!

You're so wrong ;)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Looks amazing on those wheels, I really want a LY 182 for my next car if it isnt a 330ci :)

Italian 3.2 V6
Thanks guys :D

I find the wheels odd tbh, some pics they brilliant and some they look utter turd.. Lol.