ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to beat an evo 6 in a 1.2 16v !!!!

BEN R , could not agree with you more.

Having REALLY done the police stuff, and NO Im not stupid enough to nearly kill other drivers/pedestrians (part of the training, believe it or not). Even an arthritic 80 year old with the grandchildren on board would cane the Clio. Must be a case of I couldnt be botherd.

I do not want to be harsh but lets be realistic!!!!!

172 sport,

ok ive just read this load of bo!$^%s anyone who knows me will tell ya that i treat my car as it was designed ie giving it large well i raced a mitsy evo something im not up on them but it was an 02 plate usual big arches and spoilers and was in a dark china blue type of colour (im sure someone on here knows what it is )any way i thought id have a go standing start from lights and downhill well by the time i hit 3rd he was at least 60-70 metres in front probably thinking what a t**t i was for trying but i knew i wouldn,t beat him but it gave me a comparison so that one day many thousands of pounds worth of mods later i might beat one then ill know my mods have paid off that day may never come but atleast i have something to aim for and unlike a 1.2 i stand some chance of doing it without driving like a pissed up ram raider

"one day many thousands of pounds worth of mods have paid off"

When the Evo driver just handed over his cheque and got a car that fast straight from the showroom, without the hastle and reliability problems of an overstressed modded car.

You see my point?

And if you DID manage to beat him, a simple chip and hed have another 60-70bhp to play with for a few minutes and a couple of hundred quid.

You cant win!

Admit it, there is only so much a hot hatch can do. The Evo is verging on a Ferrari beater in a straight line up to 100, and on real roads could thrash one easily. Its out of all our leagues. Save your money for a decent Type R instead

At what point did u wake up? you forgot to mention it? lol

No way, these things in in the hands of idiots are rapid big styley.

Ill let you all know how i get on against the Zonda tonight... Should be a fair match, renault vs Tuned Mercedes. In in with a chance i feel

im sorry to but in here but ive just logged on and have read this whole conversation starting from a 1.2 beating an Evo ?!?!?!?!?! Can i just say had the Evo broken down on the side of the road or something ?? cos theres no way im having that !! "align=absmiddle>

"funny night last nite, was driving threw ashton under lyne (monk ul now where this is !!!) come along a dead straight road past college and then down to big roundabout where bt is, saw a evo 6 aprroaching past so i sl*gged it in 3rd and give it the old peter ban, brakes gud on mine so he nealy went into the back of me"

Thatll be mind numbingly stupid then.

" at that point i pissed my side,"

Because youre a f**king moron.

" anyway undercut about 4 cars"

Are you serious. Burn your license and GET OFF THE ROAD before you kill someone.

" then pulled over 4 him, he went past cudnt keep up with the acceleration but i caught up up after doing 80 down this dual carriage way"

Which was probably a 30 limit...

" towards asda up his ass all ray round roundabout cudnt leave me at this point,"

a. because he wasnt trying
b. because you are a f**king moron

" he caught a car up so i thought i shud get passed these 2 undercutting"

Do you leave your brain at home before you go out?

" so i did ha ha just in time to miss a car in fornt !!!!"

FFS, get off the f**king roads now. If you EVER did this to me Id have you arrested faster than you could blink.

" he then put his spots on but at this tim i was long gone with mine on well b4 his just 2 say ur gunna get f***ed mate ha ha"

Because he also realised that you are, repeat after me, A F**KING MORON.

"stopped at lights and put window down, "hey mate its only a 1.2 16v u shud of seen his face gob smacked !!!! "

Probably just admiring your ability to breath and drive at the same time as you are so feckin low in the evolutionary scale.

"then he turned off on to the motorway and went a bit quick ha"

Making sure he was as far away from your tiny little brain as possible.

"well impressed coz later that night i raced a 1.5 vtec civic 3dr he had 2 up aswell and i apsolutly killed him, i waited at these light and then killed him again, he just cud not keep up round any corners or in mid range out of them..."

A 1.5 Civ? Ooh, what a challenge. All stoming 90bhp and two people in tha car . Glad neither of you came across any steep inclines or youd have to pedal harder.

"he actually pulled up outside me house and said ur a f***ing sick driver to my surprise it was an old mate whod just passed his test after getting banned !!!!!"

Nothing like getting banned twice is there...

"altogether a very good nite"

Thats your idea of a good night? Nearly killing over a dozen people with your complete inadequacy?

You are a MORON. A danger to yourself and others. If you ever become the victim of a road rage killing I wouldnt be surprised. You should be in jail. And you cant get there soon enough by the description you give of your driving. Either there or in a coffin.

FFS, grow up before someone gets hurt. You arent impressing anyone.

Id avoid the muppet like the plague!

Either that , or take along a shotgun and rid the world of another vermin

Im LMAO!!! But after last night i do feel kind hyporcritical im such an idiot

but what the hey i can still laugh at this cos it was extreme stopid idity

Ford Fiesta

bit harsh.
anyway
"And if you DID manage to beat him, a simple chip and hed have another 60-70bhp to play with for a few minutes and a couple of hundred quid."

SOME CHIP!! :)

Ford Fiesta

bit harsh.
anyway
"And if you DID manage to beat him, a simple chip and hed have another 60-70bhp to play with for a few minutes and a couple of hundred quid."

SOME CHIP!! :)

It exists. Anyone that thinks all Evos give out the regulated 276bhp is folling themselves. They are actually quite limited at that. 350bhp is a piece of piss.

Im just waiting for "Hilly"s next claim:

a waz down the asda the othr nite and a raced the space shuttle and a giv him da bird cos a beat him haha

well well well ive just been on lunch and had a Clio either 1.2 or 1.4 with 2.0l badges stuck on side and back try racing me, even though they still havent bothered body colouring the bumpers etc!! like hello we all know it aint a 172 and oh my god did he think he was good !! "align=absmiddle> PLEASE GET A LIFE U SAD PEOPLE

Oh look its the Evo racer i just dont think
Have you ever looked at the stats on an Evo cos if not i think you should then maybe you will realize that theres no way that unless he was reading a map like vtec said then you would have beaten him, please get a life and come back when youve got a car that can do the speed "align=absmiddle>

I really didnt want to comment on this subject as it is not worthy of anyones credit but after last evening I felt I must.

Driving with my Mrs at rush hour through our town, some arsewipe had to cut us up on a roundabout in his Suzuli swift gti to get in front. In the stop start traffic at every instance of the traffic moving he slammed hes right pedal to the floor, of course after the obligatory look at my Williams in his rear view. I was shaking my head as he looked back, yknow, as if. He did this for about 2 miles and I thought what a t**t, he really doesnt know a Williams capability. Still we got to a straight bit of road in a 30mph limit with minimal traffic and there he goes again. I kept at 30 and would not rise to his stupidity.
My point being, the Evo driver was probably in the same line of my thinking, He knew he could beat this 17 y o boy, the 17 y o boy as always, just simply thought he could.

Bill.

p.s. I do race on the road, but only with worthy opponents not silly things thats I know I can wipe out and certainly not in a place not suitable. If it gets dangerous, leave it be, you won the mentality contest.

Thank you for that input and i totally agree not everyone out there is up for a race he probably sat back and thought what a t**t!

just in case you would like to know some facts.......

yamaha R1 facts

0-60 in 2.7 secs
1/4 mile in 10.2 seconds
top speed 170+ mph

this info is coming from someone who DOES race bikes in a REAL world.... stop dreaming your dads morgan or tvr have got no CHANCE what so ever.... a LABORGHINI DIABLO does the 1/4 mile in 12 seconds still 2 seconds behind, tell me a reason why the morgan should be quicker? is it on a computer game...

I wont even comment on the EVO6 against you clio.... i own a 944turboSE and the EVO6 beats it anytime any day.. if you want to have a go at the porsche just tell me []

by the way i did read it and its the first time i came in here, but i know some ppl just talk from their arses...... so dont need to delete this post it shows that most of you are realist at least

Range Rover, GTC, LP640

anyway trust me its a 450bhp 4.5 cerbera and itl blow bikes away dont beleive me if u dont want but itl take a very very good biker to get there bike 2 60 as fast as they say it will do, and besides that point were talking about accelerating from 70--130ish when were in 3rd gear theres no chance with the bike we just pull away very slowly and most of the time it was very quickly coz of the fact he had someone on the back, also round the twistys there no where to be seen.
No bull sh*t anywhere here and i can tell u what the +8 isnt that far behind 0-60 in 4.8 as stnd !!! Anyway this subject id boring me coz i passed it and thats the ned of this story so good night

J

JGT

Methinks that...

1) Hilly was in his living room, playing GT3 whilst on speed, (with the handicap mode on) when the alleged McCrae manouveres took place.

2) If his dad can afford the claimed cars he could afford to buy his son a dictionary.

3) Hilly hasnt had it in a looooong time.

the cebera, even thougha great car, wont beat a R1.....ever, in a straight line....were talking 700bhp+/ton versus 400 for the cerbera....hmmmmmmmm...stop talking balls.

Leon Cupra

Yeah whatever LOL!!! Yer old mans cerbera would no way even be close to an R1 and if it was something like a Busa it would be like you trying to race an Evo 6, bye bye little cerbera. You’re more stupid that I first assumed, if your dad has actually got a cerbera go and ask him if he would even come close to keeping with a sports bike and he will probably wonder how he spawned such a idiotic child!!! LOL.

Tim.

p.s. Bikes are the meaning speed all your TVR’s are mere toy’s.

CTR EK9 turbo

Oh dear....an R1 would definately slaughter a cerbera in a straight line. Not too sure about around twisty roads tho? didnt top gear to a test against a Porsche Boxster S and some superbike around a track and the bike completely toasted the porsche on the straights like it was in reverse, but when the corners came up the porsche carried its speed through and the bike was going way slower in them, i think overall the porsche got over the finish line quicker, but not by much tho.

Leon Cupra

Like to see yer old mans cerbera do 0-60 in 2.5 and a 9 sec 1/4 mile and close on 200mph top end Cars and bikes are different leagues mate, I would just give up if I were you before you make your self look even more stupid if that is possible

Tim.

p.s. You know it makes sense.

CTR EK9 turbo

If you want to race bikes get a car like that Dax Rush in CCC with 700bhp/per tonne with the turbo-charged hayabusa engine! 2.something to 60 wasnt it? only cost the guy £15,000! not bad! or if money is not a problem go for the Tiger Z100R twin engines and holds the 0-100-0 record doesnt it? correct me if im wrong! Tiff Spat a conrod on one of the engines in the show (fifth gear)

Leon Cupra

Agreed bikes are not so hot round the corners but neater are TVR’s the only one that is any good is the New Tamora.

Tim.

172 sport,

FAO VTEC
are you brain dead or something or just cant read i modify cars coz i like to having a cheque book fast car is all well and good but i prefer to work at my mods the statement i made was not that i wanted to have an evo caner just that when modded if i did beat or stick with my ideas and mods have worked im not stupid iknow what can be done to cars my old capri 3.0s got slaughtered by a cozzie back in the day once finished it done sub 12 second 1/4 miles and blew away all cozzies that tried all im saying is anyone can get something quick out of the box making it much quicker is the fun part asfor "save up and buy a decent car like a ctr" at less than a grand more it was considered but as renault done a better deal i got one and am more than happy with it each to there own i guess