ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to beat an evo 6 in a 1.2 16v !!!!

Leon Cupra

I saw a Tiger go at Curborough and it was bloody fast my mate has a Westfield Megablade and that is the fastest CAR!!!!! I have ever been in but it wont match big sports bikes It will just keep with 600’s.

Tim.

Leon Cupra

This HILLY idiot does not seem to have a clue what he’s on about. Cerbera keeping with a sports bike LOL.

Tim.

the tuscan with the red rose conversion on the rear suspension is bloody good too!!!! probably better than the tamora.

The tiger is the fastest to 60 in 2.68 secs....with road tyres and running with gremlins.

the test was between a R1 and a carrera 4.

the dax with the busa motor was indeed bonkers.....and the front suspension linkage is simple genius!

but a bike with the same power would blow it away.

I cant beleive this HILLY is still trying to win this arguement, first of all he reckons hes wasted an EVO and then thinks that his old mans car will out do a 700bhp bike on the straight!!
please someone tell me i didnt just read that and its not really as daft as it sounds!!!

Having looked at an old issue of Autocar doing the 0-100-0 test, the TVR Cerbera 4.2 got to a 100 in 9.8 seconds. That is fast by any car standards. However, it also tests the Suzuki GSX-R1000. I dont know much about bikes so cannot say if its comparible to a Yamaha R1, but this Suzuki gets to 100 in 6 seconds!!!

the current GSXR-1000 is the cream of the crop...and mad at it too!!!

YOGI: where did that last comment comme from? seem slike you went bonekers....i couldnt find a comment that was suitable to get you that mad?

YOGI: where did that last comment comme from? seem slike you went bonekers....i couldnt find a comment that was suitable to get you that mad?

god damn thing wont add!!!!

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

To add to this enlightening conversation, a friend of mine has a Tuscan - he put new S-03 tyres on it. Then he found a new piece of road surfaced in that really sticky grippy tarmac stuff. Did a 0-60 test. Tyres wernt slipping, engine straining at its mounts....net result...he tore the diff out!

He also had lots of engine problems with it, somthing to do with the "finger followers" The engine is currently in Blackpool, being rebuilt. Its number 32 if anyones interested.

Paul

An R1 accelerating ...

http://fireblade.bikepics.com/michael-R1-Speedrun-27sec.wmv

Maybe your dads cerbera has a jet engine under the hood ...

true about the fact that bikes cannot keep the speed of decent sportcars around corners due to the fact the grip is only available on one wheels and when leaned it is a contact patch of around 2 inches max... so there is never a chance of a bike (lets say R1 since we are on the subject) against a sportscar (say catherham R500) round a track.... BUT in a straight line bye bye! the accelaration as you can see from the video is out of this world.. still gives me shivers after 4 years of racing in a track

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

A TVR beating an R1, get real, I used to ride a biggish sports bike a Kawasaki Ninja 600. It had over 600 bhp per tonne and it would annilate modern sports cars. There is no match for speed. The only thing I can agree on is maybe the car could take the corner faster but hey you would be able to go faster round a corner if you have an extra to legs or wheels in this case.

The R1 is even more of an animal than the Ninja but you have to give it to the GSX-R1000 fun total lunacy.

Range Rover, GTC, LP640

im still not having it a bike has never beatin us what so ever and if any of u have watched the jeremy clarkson vid with the carrera n r1 well that car is slow 2 60 and wasnt that far behind now changee the car 2 one that will take nearly 2 secs of porsche and wolla not a lot of difference

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Hilly you obviously havent had a nutta like me try and race you then. I have no fear of speed on a bike. An R1 will do most things apart from say the Mclearn F1.

Hmmm, now I know I said I wouldnt dignify these claims with a comment, but I feel the need to comment on the awful spelling and grammar displayed by our fantasy world friend, I can bearly understand his sentences in order to marvel at his claims

I think we should frame this thread and let people of the furture rad it for fun

CB

Ive seen what happens in a Maclaren F1 when driven fast in the hands of idiots.
One was crahed at high speed into a tree. Police reconded it was still accelerating and hit at about 120+ It burst into flames killing the driver (i think there was a passenger as well bt cant quite remember) Anyway i remember the firebrigade were called but they had to wait to put it out bcause they couldnt spray the magnesium with water had to wait for foam.

Bit of a drift from topic i know lol

Leon Cupra

One question is you old mas TVR faster than a McLaren F1???

Taken from formen.ign.com
"YAMAHA YZF R1

Yamahas YZF R1 is the current king of all sportsbikes, and (for now at least) is still the maddest thing you can buy with two wheels. Launched a couple of years ago, the R1 stunned the bike world with its combination of incredible power (150 horses) and ultra-light weight (a piffling 390 lbs) in a fast-steering, highly-flickable package. All this results in stellar performance -- the R1 is capable of completing a standing quarter mile in 10.32 seconds at a terminal speed of 138 mph, 1.3 seconds quicker than a million dollar McLaren F1. Not bad for a bike that costs $10,199."
http://formenmedia.ign.com/media/news/image/machine/yamahar1.jpg

172 sport,

my humble appolagies its me that is brain dead and cant read i had the ump and took the opinion that vtec was caning me /me ideas /and me car sorry geez im going to go out and lose a few races to saxo,s as a punishment for what i did even got me crapy times wrong had 12 on the brain it was sub 14 nearer to 13.5 which imho aint bad for an 80s motor so when some saxo boys say they canned a 172 you,l know it was me saying sorry

I think we can all except that a bike is going to beat a car, and as for Jeremy Clarkson vid i think u need to watch again !!!

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

MAV,

Did the first production F1 Mclearn also get written off. I think it went a little something like this.

The guy was driving.. Yes driving it to the show.. Dont know why and he went into a wet roundabout and spun off and totalled the car.

Opps bet that will be coming out of his pay cheque for a few years or so.

Never compare a bike with a car........... whatever it is. Cars are better in certain aspects and bike in others. One of the things sportbikes are made for is acceleration... lots of it.

Well this incident was on a wet straight road. It happened at the top of a hill on a REALLY gentle corner. Def not the same incident.

Lol at the guy who rote off the first one though, now that IS a story to tell down the pub!

Revels Mum & Sister

Hehe there are some monkeys about. Brother in laws M3 EVO could just keep up only cause on the staight had more torque (Mitsi that is). That was an amazing car. Drove it a few times and it pulls like a f**ker. Of course I wasted it though (uh hum cough cough) Or it could be the mitsi was one of those Nova SRs with a Bodykit.

His old man must have a few pennys as well!!! How did he get police trained then??

an Evo 6 can match a 911turbo up to 180kms .. coz of their short ratio gear they r freakin quick i had one for a while noisy as hell coz there is no sound deadenin but turbo rush is mega mega. I wont even worry if a hhm.say a Carrera 2 or 4 come out coz i will still give it hell thats how fast these things are but over 200 its slow down

Having owned an EVo V and VI 9modded to a dyno proven 340bhp) The Evo VI is slower than a 996 Turbo in all measurements u care to mention. An Evo VI is fast but there are far faster cars out there, 911 Turbos included, and that includes round the twisties as well not just in a straight line. I was however bltzed the other day by a mental Clio 1.2, wow , it made my 3.8 sec 0-60 time seem slow, lol.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Car vs bike who cares? Both are crap really. I have a passenger ride on Saturday in something that will blitz both of them.

Boeing 737-300.

Luton to Zurich in around an hour. BTW Chavy Ill see if I can get the guy who drives it to write an article on how to change the oil on a Boeing :D

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

the cars vs bikes thing is silly

Cars cant accelerate as fast as bikes

and bikes cant stop like cars can

and mike i bet my 777-400 could cane your 737

Renault Laguna Coupe

This 737 has a K&N filter and Remus back-box, also lowered 6000mm on Slumberland springs. Suggest we bring both to the next RR day or York for a shootout.

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 11 December 2002

BTW Chavy Ill see if I can get the guy who drives it to write an article on how to change the oil on a Boeing
LMAO @ Mike sounds good but hate to see the size of the oil filter on the fooker, I should think a fork lift to fit that one !

BTW my 1.2 Clio 16v would take the plane in 1st and 2nd gear ;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

My 777 has afterburners fitted

and it has the 777 carzone kit fitted

it also has

500 inch OZ turbojet wheels (arch clearance wasnt a problem)

BTW MY 1.2 has 3,000,000 @tw

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

no i dont sob sob :(

all i have is Kenwood sticker (despite lack of kenwood in my motor)

and lime green tints

oh and i have colour coded my bumpstrips lime green (did it my self with dulux)

ah hA! Cruising along in my mach 5 fight jet wioth kylie minogue playing! doubles it to mach 10!!!!!

thats a ten!! a fookin teeen!!