ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to beat an evo 6 in a 1.2 16v !!!!

What a laugh - this thread really takes the piss!

1200 vs Evo ! Ha Ha haaaaaa - writhing around on floor

I beat an Evo in my old 1200 years ago up to about 3 miles an hour then he started to pull away - slowly of course but I could have had him.............

point 1: the evo driver couldnt have been trying. they pi$$ on me and mine aint slow

point 2: you drive like a n*b and i hope i never have to be near you when driving for fear of my own safety

I have same spec clio, it produces all its power high up, and being light, it can be suprisingly quick once you get it going. Ive beaten a Pulsar on my favourite B roads, its about commitment and knowing what your car can do, thats how you can exploit it. A good driver can account for 100bhp deficit. Clearly our lad wasnt bothered about a few illegal manouvers which helped him win though.

Most evo drivers tend to be old men anyway so i doubt theyre any good, especially when theyre too pussy to buy a balls out a rwd and just get a point and squirt machine instead!

BMW 320d Sport

I read the first page then this last (5th) page of the thread, I can imagine whats been discussed in between. Anyway all I can say is firstly, Rob (above) your comments are bang on.

And secondly, it always amazes me how people seem to get so over-excited over threads like these, like its some kind of personal issue for them if a 1.2 Clio races an Evo! Theres only two explanations - one is as Rob said above. The other is that the 1.2 CLio driver is having us on. Either way, its not the end of the world! 5 pages of thread...sheesh as the Yanks might say.

i like the way he describes the race "the ol peter pan"!!!!!???

ergh......i never condemn this balls out driving and thinks its just plain stupid....and people wonder why others call them boy racers..

The sticky-up thing that looks like an ironing board, thats the back end of the Evo VI. You are sure he was travelling forwards???

U R A :p. Its muppets like you that incur insurance premiums for those that have passed puberty. Police trained....... what was your badge number? send us a scan of your warrant card, if privacys your concern get some sticky back plastic and cover your ugly mug.

ok.... the evo driver... he was sleeping....

the pulsar driver...... he wasnt actually in the car and had accidently left the hand brake off..

dont be so damn stupid!! they probably looked at your cars and thought .....

NOTHING!! and just carried on normally not even trying to race! although it seemed like a race to u cause u had to caine it to keep up with their normal acceleration!!

jesus!

God this one is still about.....

Lets get the facts sorted here.

1.2ltr 16v clio.... 0-100 in what? 40 secs?

2ltr turbo Evo6, capable of hitting 0-100 in 13 secs.

Get my drift yet?

Tony

Ok, so this is where rob shoots himself in the foot because hes purchased a fwd car and not a rwd one ;)

I know quite a few people who take their AWD/4wd cars to track days (and are older than 30!) but what you will normally find is that the older people are not suicidal in their manouvers (unless they are sales reps) and whilst person A is giving the car 90% of its limit, person B is giving his/her car 45% of its limits as they dont need to try anywhere near as hard to make progression.

Tony

I have been ignoring this post for some time due to the fact it claims a 1.2 clio can outrun an evo 6, but today decided to amuse myself and have a read at it.

Hilly, is your dads morgan +8 standard? What engine is in it? or has he done any modifications to it? i am saying this because my dad also has a +8 and there is no chance it does 0-60 in 4.8 seconds standard. We have had runs against one another on some dual carriageways near here and from about 30-100 there isnt much in it atall- the morgan slightly ahead but not more than 1 or 2 car lengths. However, i reckon an evo 6 would easily outrun my clio.

Anyway, what colour is your dads car and what year is it? Since my dad got his i have always been interested in them- also have you ever driven it?

Jonny

Ive been burnt up many a time by lesser cars in both my old Evo V and VI ,and my current Noble. The reason why? Well simply becuase I couldnt be bothered, there is nothing to prove in cars like these, the only time Id take the bait is with what I see as an equivalent car. I find the most fun is when you have a clear road, light or no traffic, and then hone your driving skills that way, racing proves nothing.

ahh but have u ever come up against a a 1.2 16v clio with a police trained driver behind the wheel?? itd kick yer ass all over the show!!

True! Well Mac F1 drivers have to be wary of 1.2 Clios! I bet the reason they dont use a 1.2 Clio pace car in F1 is because they are scared it would set pole! lol

ok. im gonna officailly label this topic on every page from now on...

THIS TOPIC IS...

ARSE!!!!!!

<...labeling by BJA inc....>