ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to connect exhaust to cat without the flange present?

182 Blue Top
Hi ,

Im totally lost as to how I will fit my newly purchased catbak RS192 exhaust to the cat considering it has had the lip part cut off and replaced with a straight pipe being 2.5"?
201207172018051.jpg

Without having a buy a new cat is there anything I can do to fit the scorpion silencer to the back of the cat? :(:(:(

Chop the flange from the Scorpion centre pipe as well I'd guess, have to check diameter though. Not a bad shout as t gets rid of that horrible stupid join.

182 Blue Top
Oooohhh think I'm just going to have to get a decat for the time being and decide what to do in the meantime, as you all say it is rather pikey to cut the end off!

BG182ff,explod Focus
The internal bore of your RS192 centre box is 2 inches to match the output side of the cat and only opens up to 2.5 inches near the end.
You already have your cat converted to a 2.5 inch output so they won't match up.
You could have the 2 inch pipe cut off and a 2.5 welded on but you would be left with a sudden stepped reduction in diameter at the centre box.

I got around it by having the centre box replaced with one that has an internal 2.5 inch bore but if you don't mind the extra noise, lose the centre box completely and have a straight through 2.5 inch pipe fitted.