ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to do good 1/4 miles

Mini Cooper S JCW

what is the best rpm to lunch at?

wots the best rpm to change gear at?

is it worth going into 4th?

and anyone going santa pod 2mos (19th oct) be sure to pop over n gimme some tips seeing its the first time iv been!!

car is met. black 16v on 17s, ktec exhuast + k%n i/k.

thanx alot, Marc :)

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Umm I am not sure on the revs, I never really got mine right.

I usually change at 7000rpm (power plot shows peak power at 6900 for mine). And I can never get into fourth by the end of it.

Ditch the 17s though and the back seats any ice etc.

Lots of runs throughout the day helps get the hang of it, but experiment for each run and see what gives results (try varying clutch technique, launch revs, tyre pressures etc). Then stay until the end of day and most people will piss off home early, allowing 4 or 5 runs in quick succession to put all youve learnt throughout the day into practise. Ive usually acheived my best time of the day in the last hour of each meeting (apart from last time where it was my first run!).

Good luck!

clio 20v

valver needs a few revs u dont wanna bog it down id go for 3.5-4k an feed power in gradually unlike willy which only needs 2k or u spin up

defo ditch the 17s

if u need fourth change into it no point in bouncin off limiter im well into 4th on my runs

an yeh practise is good ull get quicker throughout the day

adi

Mini Cooper S JCW

iv already stripped the back seats, and ice. but gonna keep my spare wheel til i get there i reckon.

i coudlnt get hold of ne 15s cheap to i gotta stick to the 17s :cry:

cheers for ya help lads, il let u konw how i get on!! haha.

marc.

Mini Cooper S JCW

best run of the day for me 16.747 :cry: i really need to work on my starts, n get a set of 15s!!!

nice to meet a couple of lads of here, but totally forgot their names.......

1. red stripped 16v with ktec exhuast - pretty damn fast!
2. clio turbo something? had a willy n whipped me! also owns a r5 gtt

i got some video of both of ya if u want it?

cheers marc.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Quote: Originally posted by m888arc on 18 October 2003

what is the best rpm to lunch at?

wots the best rpm to change gear at?

is it worth going into 4th?

and anyone going santa pod 2mos (19th oct) be sure to pop over n gimme some tips seeing its the first time iv been!!

car is met. black 16v on 17s, ktec exhuast + k%n i/k.

thanx alot, Marc :)
I usually LUNCH at about 6500 rpm with my MacDees! Usually get the order arsed up though as the daft wench in the drive thru cant hear due to engine noise!

BMW 320d Sport

You can just stick a pair of steely spares on the front and leave the 17s on the back if you want. Its only the front wheels that matter and to be honest having bigger wheels on the back will help to keep the front end down when you launch. Use about 5000 revs when you launch, smoke the tyres a bit before you get up to the line to get some heat into them, theres definitely no point in hitting the limiter, it just loses you time.

Quote: Originally posted by m888arc on 19 October 2003

nice to meet a couple of lads of here, but totally forgot their names.......

1. red stripped 16v with ktec exhuast - pretty damn fast! thatll be me!

i got some video of both of ya if u want it? oh yes!

cheers marc.

Mini Cooper S JCW

haha sorted weight..... more like very LIGHT weight lol!!! will give u a link when i got um up!!!

easy m888arc,i got a decent 15.7 on me second run! was going to q for a thrd later but it was just a joke!

i remember you say on the second attemt that you girlfriend was going to vedio us dont suppose see took fancy to my car and taped it?

cheers m8