ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to make exhaust quieter

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Wow expensive.
Think I will look for a stock exhaust on the bay or a second hand quiet one and fit it myself.

Will look for the ktec one aswell :)

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
It's mainly the noise inside the car that's a pain.
Will ask the garage Tommorow if they can do something about it whilst they are doing the belts.

Iceberg 172
It couldn't be easier tbh, if there was a guide it would be a blank sheet of A4.

Yeah. If you want a really quiet exhaust, BTB make a 'ninja' stealth and they're very good at what they do.

It's the fact that the end of the exhaust arm has a huge nub that is massive compared the rubber hole that it goes through. Normally exhausts have a bolt screw on to keep it in place.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Will check condition tomorrow mate. Been in storage at back of my unit for last 4 and a half years lol. As far as i can remember its in pretty decent nick though. Also got a yozza race with decat available but thats just a tad on the opposite of what your after lol.

If you wanna pm me your mob number ill give ya a txt about it tomorrow, im sure we can work something out regarding delivery.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Your inbox is full mate.
I think i can trust my number on here for a bit 07716663382 ;)
Send me a text :)

Cliosport 172 cu
Or chop and weld and put smaller die pipe on or build your own baffle wrap it fit it in your baffle

We had the same issue when we got our 172 , cheap motorfactor exhaust on , which was very loud and boomy inside the cabin, just made it unpleasant .

Replaced it with the super quiet Ktec stealth and its perfect .

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
The garage said the front section and back box were replaced on mine. He said if i can get a stock part i can have it fitted for an hours labour.
prob the cheapest best way of solving the problem tbh

phase 1 flamer 172
Not the quietest of cars inside anyway, suspect any stainless system is going to be noisier than the original, which is as quiet as you,ll find

RyanS182

ClioSport Club Member
  RB Clio 200
Lol... You wanna hear my scorpion non res if you think standard is loud it's louder idling than a cherrybomb on a chavved up 1.0 corsa

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Well. Just spent 1k on repairs.
I'm stuck with 11 quid in the bank till the end of the month.
Daaaamn

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Remove the biggest problem... The wife. Divorce, tellin ya ;)

:O
Never! Been together 10 years, Married on 29th Dec 2013 :)

Anyhooooo, After its massive repair it seems much less intrusive for some reason, Not sure why. I wouldnt mind if it was a bit quieter but untill payday it will be fine.

So shopping list:
New Control Panel (for heating to work)
Exhaust from chap in this thread.

Payday.... End of may :(

106 1.5 diesel
:ONever! Been together 10 years, Married on 29th Dec 2013 :)Anyhooooo, After its massive repair it seems much less intrusive for some reason, Not sure why. I wouldnt mind if it was a bit quieter but untill payday it will be fine.So shopping list:New Control Panel (for heating to work)Exhaust from chap in this thread.Payday.... End of may :(
Lol in all seriousness though, why not use some sound deadening in the boot area? Such as this... http://www.deadening.co.uk/You could also use this stuff... http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003VOQDF8/?tag=cliospnet01-21 put under the carpets if you really want to go to town, it will add weight though... So bear that in mind. For a quiet life though... :p I'll be giving it a go myself lol ;)Ben