ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTC phones

Clio
notice its only the people with HTC disagreeing with me and its mainly the people who have never used an iphone that say they dont like them

I've had three iphones, now I've got a htc. I can tell you that the HTC is far better. Especially the sensation.

Seriously I always thought the iPhone was the dogs b****cks, its not until I got my hands on a HTC I realised how limiting, boring an iPhone actually is.

I use my 3gs iPhone for work as it doesn't matter if it gets destroyed.

White clique
Depending on which of the email apps your using you can change this.. If your using "mail" i.e hotmail :dead: then in the settings area you can show the number of emails it displays, i.e 1 days worth, 3 days worth or ALL.

mines just MS outlook. I cant change it sadly, and given that i get more than 20 mails a day, there are times when i cant even read the mail i got that morning! Its very silly.

White clique
iPhones are great. But they just annoy me because Steve Jobbs ha you by the balls and MAKES you need iTunes, an when you install iTunes Steve Jobbs MAKES you install QuickTime, Steve Jobbs makes you pay for Internet tethering, Steve Jobbs TELLS you you can't just copy photos to and from your phone, you have to sync to a folder. I'm definitely getting a HTC next, after having owned two iPhones.

I still love iPhones but the latest HTCs are easily as good. Anyone who says they aren't are just talking rubbish.

And for the record, my first iPhone didn't have good build quality as it got the WSOD after 8 months and I had to claim on insurance.

Steve Jobbs is just an imposter, don't listen to him.

Its Steve Jobs that you want to listen to!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I've had three iphones, now I've got a htc. I can tell you that the HTC is far better. Especially the sensation.

Seriously I always thought the iPhone was the dogs b****cks, its not until I got my hands on a HTC I realised how limiting, boring an iPhone actually is.

I use my 3gs iPhone for work as it doesn't matter if it gets destroyed.

Did you own a ip4 too mate ?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I've had a hero and now the sensation, not one problem with the hero and the sensation is superb very pleased with it. HTC over iPhone and day

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I've got an HTC desire work phone, for text and email fine although annoyingly it only shows the pervious 20 or so emails, unlike my blackberry which could show around 100. The calender is also very annoying to use and sending meeting invites is a pain in the arse. Also when sending a text the contact needs to have the mobile phone number saved under "mobile" under their contact list option, not "work" or "home". If you do not save it under mobile, there is no option to text them at all! You have to go in an manually change the contacts phone number and list it under "mobile", which i had to do for about 100 phone numbers one by one.

As for the apps store, i gave up after about 1 minute and have never used it, seemed crap but i'm not technically minded.

So as phones go - 5/10

mines just MS outlook. I cant change it sadly, and given that i get more than 20 mails a day, there are times when i cant even read the mail i got that morning! Its very silly.
have you fiddled with the settings?

Megane 225 F1
My phone randomly restarted itself last night and when I went on it this morning it sent an update to HTC to tell them about the restart soso they can solve it. :)

2014 Focus Titanium
MAKES you need iTunes - Yup. Windows Phone MAKES you need Zune if you want to do what u can with iPhone/iTunes

when you install iTunes Steve Jobbs MAKES you install QuickTime - nope

Steve Jobbs makes you pay for Internet tethering - what? no.

Steve Jobbs TELLS you you can't just copy photos to and from your phone, you have to sync to a folder. - 50%. you can copy off the phone (using windows explorer), just not back on to it.

Point 1 - You can use windows explorer to transfer data to and from android phones right? This is how I understand it, and how I like it.

Point 2 - my bad, it's been a while since I installed iTunes, I thought QuickTime was mandatory. Sorry.

Point 3 - So you can tether for free, like with android phones? Yeah, I thought not.

Point 4 - 50% isn't good enough, I want to be able to CHOOSE what I can and can't put on and take off my phone at any point.

Oh and apologies on the whole Jobs spelling, I couldn't be arses to google and knew I had a 50% chance! Lol.

Octy VRS
Have to say after the initial pain of setting it all up it's pretty f**king good considering it's a "mid range" phone. It's doing everything I want it to and more.

The only annoyance is the pre-installed stuff running in the background. Things like News and Twitter, seems I can't turn them off or delete the apps.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Point 1 - You can use windows explorer to transfer data to and from android phones right? This is how I understand it, and how I like it.

Point 2 - my bad, it's been a while since I installed iTunes, I thought QuickTime was mandatory. Sorry.

Point 3 - So you can tether for free, like with android phones? Yeah, I thought not.

Point 4 - 50% isn't good enough, I want to be able to CHOOSE what I can and can't put on and take off my phone at any point.

Oh and apologies on the whole Jobs spelling, I couldn't be arses to google and knew I had a 50% chance! Lol.

Incredible misinformation in this thread. HTC stuff is pretty good, but i'm sure it stands up on its own against the iPhone, you don't need to make s**t up to justify your purchase.

Octy VRS
The latest update of Taskkiller doesn't let you quit it. I know you can stop the sync but it's all or nothing. Annoying that you can't switch selected things off. Probably going to install another OS instead.

182 Turbo Project
The latest update of Taskkiller doesn't let you quit it. I know you can stop the sync but it's all or nothing. Annoying that you can't switch selected things off. Probably going to install another OS instead.

Is it the free version or the paid version?