ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hub Nut Removal.HELP!!

RenaultSport 172
hub.jpg

How the hell can I get this nut off? Being trying for a good hour.
I have no suspension no brakes, so can't put the car on the floor tried a wireless impact gun with no success and a biggish bar.

Help. :(

P.S sorry for the poor picture and the weak Paint skills. :(

I tried an electric impact gun on mine once, wouldnt even touch it. Got an air powered one onto it and it came off in seconds.

No way you can just temporarily bolt the caliper back on and press the brakes?

330i. E30 Touring.
Put two wheel nuts in. Use a metal bar between the two to lock it off.

Away you go.

It's A Reno
Put the wheel back on it and lower it until it touches the floor.
That should do it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I twisted a wishbone trying to get mine off. Folded like a piece of cardboard! lol.

Whack the brakes on, use a bigger bar, job done.

Cro

Meg'd r27
How long did you go at it with the gun? Mine didnt take that much to get it off and it was pretty much welded on.

I agree with the bar between the bolts and use the biggest breaker bar you can get your hands on.

You're an animal though Daniel, mere mortals wont be bending wishbones :rasp:

RenaultSport 172
Right,

I got the brakes back on, got a friend to press them and still it's not budging.
My breaker bar is only about 2.5ft long maybe I need a bigger one or a nice bit of pole?

It's A Reno
Slide that red piece of tube onto the breaker bar, or (I can't believe I'm saying this) stand on it.

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
4ft long bar over the breaker bar, along with heat applied to the hub nut, be carefull how much heat you apply to the huib nut as you may fry the bearing grease..
Ive been in the same situation before working on a Volvo 850, even with the 4ft pole over the breaker it wouldnt shift, only when heat was applied did it budge....

RenaultSport 172
I hope it's not a righty tighty, lefty loosey situaton.

I'm def turning it the right way. ;)

My friend is coming over tomorrow with a big pole, so that should budge it.
If not i'll be borrowing an air compressor..

Thanks for the help everyone.:D

RenaultSport 172
Update

Got them off my mate come over with a 5ft Scaffolding pole, Cracked those f**kers right off!!!

Cheers for the help everyone.