ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I’m Such a Dick..........

Audi S3

Well the reason for this is yesterday B4 going to the local cruise in cheltenham i thaught that i would check the oil level and top up! well anyway after cheking and giving it a little sip i rest the cap in the hole and wait for it to settle to chek again! now comes the dick part i forgot to tighten the cap up b4 shuting the bonnet. Doh!

well ended in gloucestershire and the engine and bay being smothered in oil and now ive lost the cap too!

Matt

Clio 197

I did that more than once with my dog and baby car, and ol banger of a 300TE4matic. For some reason it is easy to do with that car. Twice I had to buy oil caps. Another two times I was lucky and found the cap lying on the intake manifold.

Alzheimers maybe?

Audi S3

awwwwwww thanks guys!

gunna be a pain in the ass to clean it all up, gunna be finding oil for months to come probably as well.

VW Potato

Edd, funny you mention a Merc - my boss wife has an ML diesel and M-B forgot to replace the oil cap during a service. It was driven for about 6 weeks before they realised it was missing BUT, hardly any mess was made at all - just the soundproofing material over the hole was a bit sodden; that aside, it was fine.

g

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

he heee haaa haaa

lol

i had a friend that was filling his dads car up with oil filled it like right up so it was level with the filler neck put the cap on his dad went for a drive just as he pulled out of the drive BANG blew the cap clean off and oil everywhere.

MaLicE

Easy mistake to make! I went and sat in my mums car untill a complete stranger got in the drivers seat and asked who I was. I then found out that it was exactly the same colour and make but not my mums car at all! See we all go mad sometimes!

Done that in the Mini

My M8 - "Lets see the engine then"

Me - "Ok" (pops bonnet proudly)

M8s Girlfriend - "Whats that thing hanging off the engine?"

Me - (closes bonnet rapidly) "Anyone fancy a pint, Im buying!"

Doh :oops:

fitted the dumpvalve on my gt turbo but in the excitement to get out and see how it sounded and go for a blast forgot to re connect the pipe from the valve on the bulkhead to the hose which runs from the intercooler to the carb elbow, drove down the road made a horrible very load squeeling noise about 3000 rpm shat myself drove back down the road panicking then when i popped the bonnet found what it was and found i hadnt done any damage after connecting it i felt a complete dumbass

Audi S3

great so im not the only dumb ass! :D

and it still aint fully clean stupid big bay filling engine cant reach anything thinkill attack it again tomorrow!

Matt