ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I do love JMS *Vids*

Those of you who have seen my previous threads have probably noticed all I seem to do is post thread with 'this is happening how do i fix it'.

Well after getting everything working again I took the clio to JMS for my pops and bangs and performance map.
Great guys and the map is awesome. Also very usable as pops and bangs don't kick in over 4k so its only there when you want it,

Mods now are:
Clio 182.
JMS Map + Overun
Lowered on Ebaich Sportlines
ITG Maxogen
Janspeed S/S exhaust
Decat
PH2 Rear lights full tinted red (by bodyshop)
Front badge and fogs wrapped in flyeye film.

Anyway enough of the talking.

Please note. Videos were taken on a disused china clay access road which is not part of the public highway. :)

Random pics

c2c6575a.jpg

4c5f415b.jpg

231006_10150571474640582_637205581_18193099_196952%20%206_n.gif

225004_10150571474190582_637205581_18193089_348312%20%203_n.gif

229878_10150571474090582_637205581_18193086_500167%20%204_n.gif

Vids

Fly by - with over run pops and bangs

Flames on the spot

Last edited by a moderator:
  DCi 100
Car looks great just minus the fog lights and front badge being painted odd colours. Yes your trying something different, but if they were standard it would just look hell of alot more clean and tidy.

I think they are coming off soon as the novelty is starting to wear off. Its only a 2minute peel off job :) Others have commented on this too

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Cars looking good but agree with Curtis.... Map is getting popular on here.... Surely that must use a fair ol chunk of fuel though?

Seat Ibiza
Your car looks smart as hell man, and that exhaust, thats sounds awesome!!!!
Is the JMS map expensive?

Stripped yozza'd cup
Cars looks lovely.
But the fogs look like one of mine, which the previous owner took the back off of and it has now rusted from the inside.

Cars looking good but agree with Curtis.... Map is getting popular on here.... Surely that must use a fair ol chunk of fuel though?

When you use the pops and bang map then yes it does but thats obvious. Normal and motorway driving i still saw 38mpg on the way home from castle combe the other week. Around home i average 30-32mpg

Your car looks smart as hell man, and that exhaust, thats sounds awesome!!!!
Is the JMS map expensive?

Under 200 including over run. Look in the traders section or contact tom@jms

You drove from St Austell, to Chertsey, for a remap?

I had it done the same weekend as I went to PCAD at combe and found a 9quid travel lodge in between the two. So yes its still a silly distance, but not quite as silly as it was 2 hours from combe.

Those pops would do my tits in after ten mins!

Don't get it done then lol. In all seriousness it doesn't pop under 4k so its more bearable than you think. Only there when you drive hard.

Cars looks lovely.
But the fogs look like one of mine, which the previous owner took the back off of and it has now rusted from the inside.

I used fly eye film to cover the fogs. You don't take the fogs apart or even take the fogs out of the bumper to put it on so I would be very puzzled if this caused it to rust :rasp:

Thanks for all the comments everybody

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
they're the best vids so far with that map, good quality. car looks nice.

Looking for 182
I'd feel like a bit of a bell end driving through town with pops and bangs, great for a blast though. Shame you can't just turn them on or off with the flick of a switch.

320d
I can see why the pops and bangs appeal to some but it doesn't to me. If its come as a result of the car being tuned i.e. itbs, sc etc then fine.

Really nice car though mate, nice exhaust note.

On a few runs with experimented with people in the boot with boot open. Hopefully have another vid up tonight with a few on the move flames.

Cheers for the comments

White APE
Still contemplating getting the pops and bangs. My yozza does it on its own sometimes when the cars just started and driven. Just not sure about getting a decat. hmmmmm.

Your vids are making me want it more though!

When its cold then some pop and bang if you accelerate then let off.

Went through a big tunnel and let off and a mate behind said it hurt his ears as he had his windows open. So this is a new level of pops and bangs compared to cold bangs

Leon Cupra R
You drove from St Austell, to Chertsey, for a remap?

How else would you get a remap from JMS? Do they post them? O wait... No.

Those pops would do my tits in after ten mins!

Do you drive everywhere over 5-6krpm easing off do you?

sounds like its misfiring. not for me.

FLOL! Do you know what misfiring sounds like? :S

Love the car mate, lose the yellow bits though imo.

Sounds epic in the video's too :)

Sounds hilarious (but brilliant all the same)... I know that I couldn't live with it day to day, but for a novelty mod it must be epic smiles :)

Black 172 PH2
The remap changes the power delivery also.
That was the biggest plus for me, more torque lower down the rev range, feels a lot smoother.

Pops & bangs remapping = gay. Anti-lag on a WRC car or the odd pop, crack or spit on a tuned decatted motor is fair play but programming it in is try hard and look at me territory.

I hasten to add I'm not slating other aspects of the map just the programming that causes the retarded constant popping. By all means get the car mapped just have it done so without the ASW part.

I think to see a true 182bhp you would probably be looking at a minimum of decat + exhaust, matched inlets, filter with decent CAF and then a map. Will obviously vary from car to car (some 182's make less than 170 standard for example)

Black 172 PH2
Pops & bangs remapping = gay. Anti-lag on a WRC car or the odd pop, crack or spit on a tuned decatted motor is fair play but programming it in is try hard and look at me territory.

I hasten to add I'm not slating other aspects of the map just the programming that causes the retarded constant popping. By all means get the car mapped just have it done so without the ASW part.

I see where your coming from, but its just a bit of fun tbh.

Ignore this post. I popped up a video of me driving earlier, my mate decided to name it clio vs evo as in street racing (which it wasnt as thatd be pointless) and I don't have my flame suit ready

All I have to say is jesus its loud from outside. Still not bored of this :D

Last edited:
  182 Turbo Project

It's not constant...

I think it's pretty awesome. Contemplating it more and more myself!