ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I dont have a hose pipe, only two buckets.

FF182 Brembo Max, BMC CDA
Hi,

I live on the 3rd floor flat so dont have a hose pipe. I have two buckets and thats it. The car needs a wash but it never turns out any good using the two buckets.

I have autoglyms soap wash stuff, polish and tyre dressier. Can someone please tell me the best way to wash as all the bubbles and stuff end up drying on the car before i get to wash it off and it looks cack.

cheers,
Ollie

106 GTi
Watering Can or get some more buckets so you can rinse it as soon as you have washed it.

Other way is to wash and dry it in sections at a time. Roof, Windows, bonnet sides etc.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
take it to a car wash with ur bucket and sponge jet wash it down then spray soap on the car then use ur sponge on it then jet wash off no jet wash brush need and maybe be ok?

yeah car wash is a no no, i want to do it myself ok cheers rich can you recommed a drying cloth? also cleaning the wheels always causes me problems, after I have "cleaned" the car I spray on the tyre dressies but more crap comes of the wheels. Whats the best way to cleans then dress them?

sorry

Last edited:
  m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
spray the dressing onto a cloth and rub it over the tyre or poor it in a pot and brush it on thats what i do any way

172 mk1
Ollie, two buckets are no problem, fill one with plain water, the other with a decent shampoo. Soak the car using plain water, then refill the bucket. Using a washmitt (not a sponge!!) wash the car with the shampoo, rinsing the mitt every time in the plain water. When you've shampooed the whole car tip both buckets away, rinse them and fill with plain water then soak the car again to get rid of the soap as many times as necessary then dry with a decent towel. I don't use chamois leathers after getting a bit of grit trapped in one and cacking the paintwork big time. Meguiars do a decent drying towel, Halfords at Marsh Mills had some in last week.

I use Meguiars Wheel Brightener to clean my wheels, you can only buy it in bulk because it comes concentrated, good stuff but you need a decent wheel brush and a bit of elbow grease to clean them properly. Again just rinse them off but do this before the rest of the car as it can get a bit messy.

If you want to try some wheel brightener drop us a PM, got loads in the garage.

cheers jon , i never see you driving round in your clio? have you got rid?

also john i got a few scuffs on two wheels thanks to the old owner, you know anywere in plymouht who can refurb?

thanks

Last edited:
  E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
use 1 bucket with car shampoo and a watering can and leather it off cumz wiked

www.renparts.co.uk
what about a tap adaptor and hose pipe from the window? might not be suitable but sounds like the only hassle free solution....

www.renparts.co.uk
tap adapter? its a long way to my parking space

yeh you can get them from B&Q for a few quid.... work really well and there are a few different types for different indoor taps. hose just clips right onto it.... Once your finished just pull the pipe up through your window, sure nobody will mind occasionally.... Plus when you pull it up all the water will drain from the pipe.

172 gone :( 197 now :)
take it to a car wash, then polish it at home later

Guy in work does this he uses the brush at a jetwash, he's always had nice cars which are always spotlessly clean he untill the sun comes out and you see every mm of paintwork covered in swirls! Looks awfull! Plus it must cost him a fortune!

I have to add when i say his car is always spotlessly clean i mean its just clean looks nothing like a properly detailed car does!!!

pug 106 rallye S2
you can get those large pump up water bottle around 25L i think, pump on top to add pressure then wash off like a portable hose... might be worth trying seen them at BnQ places like that not sure on cost thou, would be alot easier than a hose from the third storey!