ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I don't usually post Just Washed Pics...

.. but I don't usually spend 4.5 hours cleaning the car either! :eek: Can't believe I spent so long - enjoy! :approve:

Washed, followed by the Meguires treatment, paint cleaned, polished and waxed. I can see all the stone chips on my bonet now :rolleyes: Oh well, at least it is less swirly than before. :D

IMG_1190.gif

IMG_1185.gif

IMG_1183.gif

IMG_1193.gif

IMG_1189.gif

IMG_1187.gif

IMG_1186.gif

IMG_1181.gif

IMG_1180.gif

IMG_1179.gif

IMG_1178.gif

IMG_1174.gif

1.8 rsi BLACK
Really dig it dude......
Just a b**ch to keep-it like that........ i know lol
Top marks though for all that effort, it looks :rasp:pHAT:rasp:

Yup, it was worth it. Wont be spending that much time again for a while though! Kept looking like it was going to rain as well, and I was thinking "don't dont' dont'"... and it still hasn't :D. Sure it will be mucky again by the end of the week! Ah well, never mind - I know it still comes up nice when I can be bothered to put the effort in.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
You are a sad, sad man.

;) Wish my car was half as shiney as that.

ps did you clay it??

106 GTi
Very nice, can see why Black is the best colour choice on any car.

I will be told off for saying this ... needs tyre dressing to finish it off though.

Chad said:
ps did you clay it??

No, I didn't. I looked at Megs quick clay in Halfords, but decided against it. Maybe next time......:rasp:

Rich said:
I will be told off for saying this ... needs tyre dressing to finish it off though.

:quiet:
Nah, I don't like that stuff. Had it on when I bought the car and everytime I went near it to check the tyres or wash it I ended up covered in black goo. :S

RSi Dave said:
Full product list of what you used please, i want my clio that shiney.

Washed with, <cough>, turtle wax wash and wax - it's all I had:eek:
Rinsed then dried with a microfibre cloth
Applied Meguiars Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner Step 1 with megs applicator pad and polished off with a microfibre cloth.
Applied Meguiars Deep Crystal Polish Step 2 with applicator and polished off with microfibre.
Finally applied Meguiars Deep Crystal Carbauba Wax Step 3 with applicator pad and polished off with microfibre cloth.

And now, my arm is frikkin killing me! I'm not used to all this physical work - I'm usually a desk jockey ;)

That's a really feckin clean car - top notch job sir!

Nowt wrong with Turtle Wax Wash and Wax - that's what I use too (see my pics in other thread). I then clayed it, then used just the Megs stage 1, didn't bother with stage 2 and used NXT wax instead of the stage 3 stuff. It's well worth claying the car - doesn't take that long, it's really easy to do, but it's amazing the crap that it picks off the paintwork. I clayed mine for the first time in 2 years yesterday and picked off loads of tar and general shyte.

Maybe I'll have a go with clay next time. There is still a lot of crud on my front bumper that I've never managed to get off ever.

considering its a 52 plate car (4 years old) thats immaculate! :approve:

ive seen brand new 182s in far worse condition!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
wow that looks mint, black suits silver wheels much more than anthracite in my opinion!

get yourself some clear side repeaters and silvervision bulbs tho :)

good work :D

BMW E46 330i Touring
Very nice, impressive finish!

You can get tyre dressing that's just spray on, doesn't last as long but it's less goo to deal with, makes a big different too. :)

And get claying, I went off it and tried it again recently, amazing stuff.

Golf R/Leon FR
very very nice mate lovely and clean the 4.5 hrs payed off!!
needs clear side reps, and if you dont like tyre gel use autoglym tyre dressing.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Very nice, first pic is great.
Looks like you have a wax/polish stain on your light surround on pic #9
try some AG bumper care or another product to try and get it back to how it was. Great job though. :)

R

Rebecca

Wow you could use it as a mirror. We spent ages washing the car the other day then as soon as we went in it rained and then the next day the birds let loose :mad: oh well never mind.
Its silver so it stays pretty shiny looking even when its filthy so its a bit of a cheat.

Rebecca

Thomss said:
Very nice, first pic is great.
Looks like you have a wax/polish stain on your light surround on pic #9

First pic is my favourite. And yeah, it probably is wax/polish on the light surround. I always end up doing that!

Rebecca said:
Wow you could use it as a mirror. We spent ages washing the car the other day then as soon as we went in it rained and then the next day the birds let loose :mad: oh well never mind.

Well the birds haven't made it to mine yet.... but it has rained and I've just been out in it, so its' drity again. Ah well.