ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I hate my 59 plate grand scenic!

172,scenic, trafic
Hi , this thread is entirely for the attention of any one with any remote influence in renault.
I am sick of my tl4 diff whine. It has been there since day one. It's still ferking there now. It's simple really , it needs a gearbox as this box is sealed. THe car is sh it, your warranty is sh it. I an fed up waiting for you to get back to me. Shame as my trafic van is magic and due to be replaced. So anyone got any ideas what to do with it as no one else will bother

07 Campus Sport 1.2
drive it through the side of a renault showroom and see what happens, after all, the grand scenic is a tank

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Watchdog?
Get an independent mechanic to confirm your belief it should be replaced and go to Renualt UK.
When I had issues with Volvo I wrote stern but polite letter to the dealership, and copied it to Volvo UK customer service, got the problem sorted and I also got a heavily discounted service.

172,scenic, trafic
Watchdog?
Get an independent mechanic to confirm your belief it should be replaced and go to Renualt UK.
When I had issues therewith Volvo I wrote stern but polite letter to the dealership, and copied it to Volvo UK customer service, got the problem sorted and I also got a heavily discounted service.

there is a technical note saying they no this box has a problem. Why does it take eighteen months to work out it needs a box. I think the answer is to fu ck up one of the synchros so they have to do it

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Renault UK aren't usually the problem... that is normally down to the franchised dealer network, specifically the service manager.

My old Laguna II GT's gearbox and hydraulic clutch setup failed misserably about a month after the warranty expired on the way back from Poole and the dealer network wouldn't entertain the notion of replacing with a contribution it at all. I spoke to Renault UK directly (Note the use of the word "Spoke" to rather than went in all guns blazing) and they made a 95% contribution for the new gearbox and clutch slave as the vehcile had been serviced correctly meaning I paid for the clutch kit which was also fitted for free - It set me back £140ish plus the VAT

How many times have you had the vehicle in to the same dealer to investigate your claim and what have they reported back to you as apparently being the fault?

Mick

172,scenic, trafic
It went into local dealer with about six thousand miles on it. They said yes it whines at 48 mph on the overrun. They had it three days and replaced driveshaft bearing and that didn't cure it so they rang renault and they said don't touch we no the tl4 box has a problem. So I picked it up and it was scratched to hell and now judders in fifth and six gears. I then took it to two other dealers who one said they no of no faults with these boxes. The last garage showed me the technical note to prove there is a problem. So basically I have now owned the car for eighteen months waiting for an outcome. So I just rang my local dealer and arranged to borrow there scenic demo while they look at the latest electrical fault. I might just keep there's and see what they do about it. I am waiting on yet another call from renault UK to see what they say cutting assume it will be the same outcome which will be So what its out of warranty in a year

Its a noise thats present on alot of these gearboxes but it's not just a straight forward case of replacing your gearbox. Yes you feel that's the only solution and that "driving it through the showroom" ?????? will fix everything but it won't. A replacement one will be the same, it's down to geartrain/backlash noise in the diff and it's Renault engineering in France not uk or the dealer as to what is acceptable. It's not a failing of a part or bearing as that would be a straight forward replacement. Some times the dealers hands are tied, yes some may bullshit you which I totally disagree with but they do that of there own free will not under instruction from Renault. I know this as I've worked for them for 18 years and as a manufacturer they never ask you to lie to a customer, that's the decision of the sometimes very stupid or untrained advisor.

I wish there was something I could say to sort this but we are at the hands of engineering in France.

172,scenic, trafic
Well took the scenic in to local renault garage and they have finally admitted it needs the gearbox out. Am I pleased? No fcuk am I cos I doubt renault will authorise it. One battle won, the was still goes on!

172,scenic, trafic
Well I never, just had a call from local dealer. Gearbox ordered and booked in on 21st Oct for new gearbox! They are lending up a three cylinder suzuki again.lol. got 95 out of it last time. Might try for a ton!