ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I hate my clio

Just spent the last few hours with my mate tryin to remove the cat off my clio mk1.

after about an hour of swearin and hitting things with hammers we got the first 2 bolts off at the end- but couldnt get the other smaller ones off.

they were proper rsuted on- tried sawin them and drillin them and swearin at them and swearin at them.

had to attempt to put the other ones back on but couldnt properly so now the exhaust is a bit grizzly

any1 no if kwik fit is open 2mrw?

:(

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Yes, there open 7 days a week, i had to have 2 new tyres put on the front of mine last sunday.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Kwik fit and most of the others are open 7 days like Bubbles says,they will be open until about 4 or 5.

I was in National tyres today,cant remeber if its 4 or 5 sorry.

Not a Clio

could depend on area seeing as the last time i desperately needed a garage on a sunday, everywhere i phoned around were closed including kwikfit.

cheers guys!

at the mo it is soooooo loud- an not in a good way-

ddnt help by the fact that the feckin french tw*ts who decided to force nuts that were too small onto all the bolts on the cat.

gonna see if i can blag a free exchange there or if they will just replace the bolts with proper un rusted ones........

renaults....whod have em hey! :p

Forgive me for stating the obvious but whats wrong with the good old angle grinder and a new set of bolts. If you are decating i would have thought you would have a new set of bolts, gaskets & putty at the ready. It takes five secods to get through a rusty bolt with the angle grinder.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

I watched them the whole time through the huge window.. and its been fine, Again depends what store you goto.

right- got back from kwik fit- they were very nice and ddnt charge me for anything

BUT

they only replaced 2 bolts and nuts on the with new ones - the ones me and my mate had managed to get off.

so now im back to a slightly easier square 1. i still wont be able to get the cat off as there are 2 rusty bolts on one side but it should be easier to get the other side off..

sigh..

na- they wouldnt fit the decat..

so thought they were gonna replace all the rusty bolts and nuts with new ones...

but they only did 2 out of the 4!