ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i just got ass raped for petrol

Leon Cupra 300
Filling up the cup with bp's ultimate, it clciks off and i check the price......... £49 quid!!! 1.09.9p a litre.. bloodyhell:mad:

my poor tea towel holder :(

Vectra :(
philmots said:
Filling up the cup with bp's ultimate, it clciks off and i check the price......... £49 quid!!! 1.09.9p a litre.. bloodyhell:mad:

my poor tea towel holder :(

That coupled with the fact in recent tests BP ulimate proved to be no better than normal 95 ron and lagged quite far behind Optimax and Tesco in performance tests. I cant understand how BP can charge so much. In warrington BP U. is 1.05.9 i think and Optimax is 98.9 lst time i filled up.

Leon Cupra 300
Its awful feeling!! im going to drive it so slowly to make it last at least 2 weeks haha!!!

ive run optimax, bpu, and sainsburys super plus and this ultimate feels better than any the other two!!! even the sainsburys felt better than optimax!

think ill try optimax again give it another chance because in everything else ive ran its made lots of differenc!

BP Ultimate is 105.9p round me now.. but, it gives me better fuel consumption so it doesn't work out that much more expensive than normal unleaded (which is 97.9p)

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
I had to fill up with BPU last week £1.05.9! She hated it, the ride was rough as fook. She's been run on Optimax since birth, Does it confuse the ECU if you change petrol? Think I've seen something on here about it, or could be wrong.

Ah, See... Optimax did nothing for me in my Williams - felt no difference. Ultimate seemed much better - and I don't think it's all in my head either.. heheh.

Add that to Optimax being a 20mile round trip to get.. Ultimate won.. :)

I have found overall, over 18 months, that Ultimate seems smoother with better response. Optimax gives more of a growl. The only time I used 95 I got an emissions light on for 2 days until it was flushed out with Optimax.

1998 BMW e46 323i
BP made 7.3 Billion US dollars in the first quarter of this year. That's $55,000 every MINUTE!

Makes ya think...

SLK 350
Lam7r said:
That coupled with the fact in recent tests BP ulimate proved to be no better than normal 95 ron and lagged quite far behind Optimax and Tesco in performance tests. I cant understand how BP can charge so much. In warrington BP U. is 1.05.9 i think and Optimax is 98.9 lst time i filled up.

Which tests?

The tests i've seen had BPU and SO at pretty much level pegging.

Leon Cupra 300
i cant speak for optimax at the moment as had a bad batch i think but the bpu seems to have a lot of low down pull...

Mustang, S13, AX GT
john.med said:
BP made 7.3 Billion US dollars in the first quarter of this year. That's $55,000 every MINUTE!

Makes ya think...

not BP thats taking all your money, its the government mate. LPG is half the price because the government like it being better for the environment and radically reduced the taxes on it...
I'm waiting for the renault push bike, much cheaper :D

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I got raped last night too!!!!!

I filled up for the sum total of 65 DHS (9.80 pounds)

:rasp:

Ahh the joys of living in Dubai

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
I run the ph-quick on good old standard 95 stuff and never have a problem. I tried Optimax and Ultimate and can't see any real difference. It didnt even make any difference to fuel economy.

MINI JCW
I usually use optimax and get about 37mpg, the last time i filled up i used tesco 99ron and the trip computer is saying 32mpg. A big difference considering as its the same journeys all the time.

I think optimax will be going in it next time

You are hugely unlikely to get a noticeable difference when you change fuel in terms of increased/decreased power etc... Over time Opti and Ultimate will return better fuel efficiency and Opti is much better for your engine.

The fact that the service interval on the cars is 18 months suggests that they are not race tuned, precision engineered units. They are built to run day in day out on whatever fuel you put in.

Evo ran a big test on fuels a while back and they ran each fuel in for days before putting the cars on a dyno and the differences were a few bhp/ft lb.

Ziel Nurburgring
In this age of being raped by the government at the petrol pump with the petrol pump, optimax giving the extra MPG over others works for me.

Any performance gains, real or imagined is a bonus. Plus is doesn't idle like it was tuned by John Deere.

I love the fact that in time of ever increasing oil prices etc... BP went out of their way to help the consumer by releasing that 105 Octane race fuel at £2.50 per litre!!! :D

Tangoed Works
I never really put more than £20 in at any one time due to not wanting to weigh the car down too much, you never know when youre going to need the weight advantage lol! Only fill it up if im on a long motorway cruise.

Lionel Richie
i'm running tesco normal with my 5p off per litre voucher, gonna take 2 cars down and do both, as you're allowed upto 100l on one voucher!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I use the most expensive i can find! (i have a company fuel card! ;))

Clio 182
I use Ultimate aswell, i find the car runs better than on optimax. Last week was 99.9p a litre, and filled up last night and it had gone upto 105.9. Im not amused

Vectra :(
ozzyo99 said:
Which tests?

The tests i've seen had BPU and SO at pretty much level pegging.

Cant remember now mate but i will have a look see if i can find it.

The test basically had about 6 cars, i can remember a VXR in there and maybe a FRS with some more. They fed the cars on the 3 different petrols and then had them Rolling roaded before (95 RON) and after on the 3 fuels.

They then publish the results and and bhp increases. The VXR had the biggest increase out of the lot IIRC and 1 car lost power with BP ultimate in it. Will try and find it again later and post the link