ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I know its been asked before but (difference between them...)

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I'm looking at getting a 172/82 next month, have searched the forum and i have read a few conflicting opinions on what features the cars come with. I'm not interested in which is faster as i know they are all pretty much the same and the difference is so small its not even worth talking about. Just what features they come with.

I read somewhere that the 182 with both cup packs has the most features, then i read somewhere else that the 182 with cup packs has less features for weight saving.

So...

Which model does have the most features and what are they? Also, has anyone got a picture of any with the leather seats because i haven't seen any leather seated ones yet.

Cheers,

Matt

*waits someone to turn this thread into another the 172 is better because its 0.00000000000000001 seconds faster in the traffic light grand prix*

Guilietta 2.0 JTDM-2
182 with Cup Packs (or a 182 FF) has a leather interior and climate control (maybe more) over a 182 Cup which only has cloth - weight saving. They're two different models.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i would save your money and get a mint 172. I have had both and the only difference is the twin exhausts!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
182 Vs 172 has been done many times. A late 172 has the same equipment as a 182, earlier 172's don't have cruise control. There are some bargain 172's out there, I'd get a flame/monaco 172, and coilovers. You've then got a car thats cheaper and handles better than a 182. If money's not an issue, get a Trophy.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
You don't really see Clio 182 FF in an advert though i take it thats just the name for it on here so what would i be looking for on autotrader etc, clio 182 with both cup packs or something like that?

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Chester mate.

Nice one fella's thats the info i was after, now if anyone could just provide a decent picture of the leather interior i'll be a happy chappy.

I'd love a liquid yellow one after seeing a V6 that colour at the autosport show in january but that colours rarity seems to add 3 grand onto the price so that can GTFO. I like that unusual blue colour whatever its called, without the go faster chav stripes of course.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Pic of christopher's 182 interior...

DSC_0016-1.jpg

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Guess not, it says i don't have permission.

And ahhh i see, so when it says leather seats, they're not really leather apart from the edges. I thought leather seats would be the full seat, oh well thanks for that mate.

clio 172 cup
half leather alcantra in the the middle i think?
had sum on my 206 alot nicer to sit in than my cup seats.
if i was u i'd buy a trophy if u can afford it or 182 ff and look out for 1 with the optional recaros trendlines

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Sod the trophy, £1000 quid a damper if one goes wrong and no luxuries at all? I don't want a track car. I've only got 5 or 6 grand to spend.

The 182 ff will do me i think if i can find one, preferably in racing blue (is that whats its called, not the metallic one the one with the optional stripes which i would not get)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Sod the trophy, £1000 quid a damper if one goes wrong and no luxuries at all? I don't want a track car. I've only got 5 or 6 grand to spend.

The 182 ff will do me i think if i can find one, preferably in racing blue (is that whats its called, not the metallic one the one with the optional stripes which i would not get)
Ahhhhhhh! FFS, just not true!! The dampers costs 3-400 to rebuild (for the pair), you don't need to replace them. The costs about the same if a 182dampers fail!! No luxuries? Recaro's and air-con isn't exactly spartan, is it? Just remember that if a xenon fails, it will cost the same as a damper rebuild on a Tropy. A Trophy is so much better to drive than a 182, will hold it's value better. I've had both, incomparable.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
But who spends that much on a clio, unless your a hardcore track racer then why would you want one, your paying more money for alot less car imo. A better suspension setup and a gay colour doesn't warrant the extra god knows how much they cost. It depends what you want from a car, if you want a track weapon im sure its great, but if like me, you want good speed with all the extras you can get, then its a waste

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
But who spends that much on a clio, unless your a hardcore track racer then why would you want one, your paying more money for alot less car imo. A better suspension setup and a gay colour doesn't warrant the extra god knows how much they cost. It depends what you want from a car, if you want a track weapon im sure its great, but if like me, you want good speed with all the extras you can get, then its a waste
Nice comment from someone that's obviously got no experience of the cars!

Golf GTI PP Mk7

i may be reading it wrong, but that sentence contradicts the rest of your post...

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
So your telling me i've got no experience with cars because i don't want a car thats designed for the track and as such hasn't got many creature comforts? Your right mate, i've clearly got no experience at all with cars, i mean everyone should have something like that for their daily runaround.

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
The Trophy's seem alright - nice seats and a better suspension set up, but apart from that there's very little difference between those and other 182's except you get a cloth rear seat, only aircon instead of climate control, and you can only have them in red...for the premium personally they wouldn't do it for me. But then you pays your money and takes your choice.

My mate has a 172 cup that I went out in the other day and had a drive in- it felt maybe marginally quicker then my 182 ff (which it should be) although he has a loud exhaust on it, so it's difficult to be objective - more noise always makes it seem faster!

The handling however felt wayward to me - the steering wheel/15 inch wheels, and coilovers make my 182 feel so so much better to drive then his standard cup - and he agrees with me on that.

clio 172 cup
172 cup was designed for the track(no abs and less weight) trophy is designed for the b-roads.people spend upto 16k on a clio look at the ppl with the 197?
how u getting less you're getting sachs suspension trophy seats(which cost £1000 alone) and a car that will hold its value better due to there only being 500 made.
drive the trophy then drive the 182 and 172 then come back and tell us what u want.
more gadgets more things to go wrong;)

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Just to make this clear in my mind. Is the only real difference between a late 172 and a 182 the twin exhausts, alloys and spoiler?

If you were to buy a FF 182, your paying for cosmetic extras and a newer car, but performance and equipment is actually the same as a late 172? Am i right to assume that the 182 alloys will fit the 172 and the spoiler will? Not fussed on the twin exhausts.