ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I may have to sell the Clio after all l’ve done to it

Listerine & Poledo
Emptying the garage of any old tat that's been sat there for 5 years and could be in landfill = Pro winning styles

However, I suspect this isn't the case with our man here... I just see it happening a lot elsewhere. "I can't get me car parked on me rooooooad."
Hang on, dont you have a garage?
"AYe I do, yeah"
P.....park in that? Maybe?
"But then where will I keep all these baby toys and bits of broken furniture!!!!"

Land Rover
And where did the bikes and other dross go?

Could be worse, our house has a garage placed at an angle to the house so that no normal (today sized) car can physically get round the corner and into the garage. The garage was one of the reasons we bought it.

Oh and - Worst I own a Ferrari thread ever ?

Didn’t have bikes etc then.
“Used to own a Ferrari” don’t now, too expensive sadly

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Every time I view or see a house that has a garage converted into a semi-useless extra room in a house, a part of me dies inside.

I'd rather have the garage converted to be a litter tray for the cat, than some of the pathetic excuses that we are left with.

Surely when the draft proposals for these houses are made, they are basing the garage on a larger set of dimensions than a Fiat 126? The current Mini range occupies at least two post-codes at all times - so how they expect a modern-car to fit in many of these garages is beyond me.

Listerine & Poledo
There are many perameters when building houses, related to parking and access.
Be that your grand-design, self-build or a massive estate.

It's why you see so many couchhouse-style flats in new builds. It's not just 6 garages, it's another house to sell!

In regards to size of garage, there is a minimum size, but it hasn't increased in a LONG time. As you say, cars keep getting (pointlessly) fatter. But thats a societal problem of the constant need to one-up the Joneses whilst also compound-breeding so that the only suitable family wagon is a 7-seater Santa Fe.

Personally my single garage currently stores:

An MX5
Its hardtop on a stand
8 wheels with tyres, and another 2 tyres
2 wheelie bins
And a wide selection of VAG & Mazda parts in boxes

But admittedly, if I had one of the new, Avantime-sized, Clios, it'd barely get through the door.... then how the hell do you get out without opening the boot?

RB 182 Cup,E46 M3 CS
Somebody, somewhere has tried to see how much VAG you can fit into an average sized garage