ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I need a kick in the balls

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
The thing is Craig, some people turn their head and look before, say, pulling out of a junction...but they don't really look.

Also, if you're waiting to pull out and looking along a road at approaching traffic, the cars you see are not moving much relative to the background (coming at you and getting bigger though).

Add to that time of day, cloud cover, sun direction, all of which make a difference to how visible a car is relative to it's background, and the person pulling out that only has only slight glance could easily fail to spot them.

Like I said in an earlier post, lights help the car stand out from the background, and help massively in the scenario above.

106 GTi
lol Second the chav comment ! ;)

First thing I do after turning the ignition on is put on the lights.

BMW 320d SE
I have to agree with others in here - having lights on during the day seriously reduces your chance of people pulling out in front of you, not looking properly etc. That's why motorcyclists do it.
Has anyone noticed that the new Audi A5 coupes have daytime running lights at the front - those strings of LEDs under the headlamps - seriously bright and makes them very noticable.

J03

MX5 1.8
I have to agree with others in here - having lights on during the day seriously reduces your chance of people pulling out in front of you, not looking properly etc. That's why motorcyclists do it.
Has anyone noticed that the new Audi A5 coupes have daytime running lights at the front - those strings of LEDs under the headlamps - seriously bright and makes them very noticable.

yes they are incredibly bright.. almost blinding when you look direct at them! which reminds me theres his stupid MG ZT around here has a string of LED lights wrapped under and around the lights, they look stupid as fook! had masive 19" wheels haha makes me laugh

BMW 320d SE

yes they are incredibly bright.. almost blinding when you look direct at them! which reminds me theres his stupid MG ZT around here has a string of LED lights wrapped under and around the lights, they look stupid as fook! had masive 19" wheels haha makes me laugh

Yeah I've seen those on fleabay - the latest must-have-chav-accessory. DIY LEDs FTL!

Clio 172 mk2

Probably thinks it's an R8 lookalike

Cnut

Titanium 182
Is it that big a deal that a thread needs posting ? personally would just have thought oops and turned them off.

Lol, oh well, i'll jump on the bandwagon...

Chav !

Is it that big a deal that a thread needs posting ?
Chill.

I'd rather read Marks thread @ laugh, than see some thread that comes along every day that folk (not you) ask - for example, how do I get membership pack ?? (esp when it's written in front of them :rolleyes: )

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I think the clio light stalk is a crap desighn, often switch my lights onto just sidelights when chaning from high beam to low beam, pretty scary.

[IAM]Good for sun too. If the sun's low and behind you and you're on a straight road, you're almost invisible to any cars in front of you unless you have your lights on, everything blacks out in your rear view because of the sunlight. Putting your lights on makes you visibly stand out to cars ahead.[/IAM]
+1

But ffs turn them back on to sidelights when the sun's gone and it's only dusk - I hate the fact you can't see past people because they've got their dipped beam on when they only actually need their sidelights to mark their position!

Oh, and re: the LED running lights thing, be aware that car manufacturers and those 'with our best interests at heart' have considered the fact that you could use them to communicate with roadside beacons, which could gather information being sent by the car - such as speed etc etc :rolleyes:

[/minority report] lol

PH1 172 Sport
I had mine on the other day only noticed when I looked at the cars reflection on the garage not a good look very chav!!!