ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I Need A New Laptop.?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Im after a bit of help from anyone in the know.My current laptop is getting old now and very slow so i thought i'd treat myself to a new one.I dont know anything about them other than internet.
I want as best a spec as possible for £400 as thats the limit we have set ourselves.Good memory and quick to use.My wife has a dell through work which is 10x quicker than mine so point me in the right direction please.

Many thanks,
Ian.

Renault Clio MK3
  Renault Clio MK3
Personally Id avoid Acer as a brand everyone i know who has had one has had issues. Avoid AMD processors to in laptops they get too hot ime.

Can't say I've ever had a problem with Acer, but then again only ever had one laptop from them - couldn't agree more with avoiding AMD though.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I'm in the same boat. Last laptop I bought off @Phuzion god know how many years ago!! Still goin strong though mate.

Could do with something a bit faster and lighter though now. Anything around £200? All I do is sit on the t'interweb and watch films and download tunes etc.

Sorry for hijacking, will start a new thread if preferred.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
I just lobbed this on FB...

Anybody need a solidly good home Laptop?

I put home purely because it's got the usual crap battery that holds sod all charge. But - If you bought a proper battery for it, then it'll be fully portable.

Acer Aspire 7720G 17" with full sized keyboard. Uprated processor (Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T9300 6M Cache running 2.5ghz)

nVidia GeForce 8600M-GT MXM Graphics Uprated from 8400M GS.

Original HDD set aside as the spare and a new Solid State Drive installed in. This means it boots up so so quick and shuts down rapid too.

So if you are after a super nippy and reliable large laptop - it's available for £200ono with a fresh install of Vista (Been on weeks only). Comes with the Vista 64-bit disc too and the code on the rear of the Laptop. If you prefer W7 or god forbid W8 - I will install them instead for £50 extra.

3 mins later - All but sold!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
30 Mins later - gone! I think I was too cheap lol

Can't say I've ever had a problem with Acer, but then again only ever had one laptop from them - couldn't agree more with avoiding AMD though.

Same.

We got a pile of them at work last year and besides people always losing the VGA adapters they're holding up pretty well.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Well im pretty sold on the HP at PC world.I cant see much else with 1T memory and 8gb of whatever its called and it has a decent procesor.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
SSD + 8GB+ Ram + 2.0GHz dual core or higher + stand alone GFX and you are sussed.

SSDs transformed the laptop, got 2 in my PC also - the difference to before is unreal.

The post above is spot on.