ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I think my rear brakes are screwed? (pics)

ok, having had what can only be defined as a crap handbrake for a while now, and having had it advised on the MOT, I finally had a look at them.

And now I'm concerned.

This side looks fine:
CIMG4139.jpg

but this side doesn't:
CIMG4142.jpg

:eek:

Anyone tell me what's wrong? It looks like it's missing something to me?

I don't want to take it to a garage and get my trousers pulled down... :S

Thank you! :D

S2000
certainly looks odd compared to the other side, but I'm not totally sure of the rear brake setup mate. Try asking over at retro-renault.com - best place for tech advice on mk1's along with williamsclio.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Nah, its fine, just missing the squiel shim, not needed really. Handbrake will be down to the cable. But while you are looking at the calipers, check the piston isnt leaking.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
White16valver said:
ok, having had what can only be defined as a crap handbrake for a while now, and having had it advised on the MOT, I finally had a look at them.

And now I'm concerned.

This side looks fine:
CIMG4139.jpg

but this side doesn't:
CIMG4142.jpg

:eek:

Anyone tell me what's wrong? It looks like it's missing something to me?

I don't want to take it to a garage and get my trousers pulled down... :S

Thank you! :D

yeah. i hate those garages.:rasp:

al

ST on the way...
The handbrake on gaz's old RSi was always shite, was a "problem" on every MOT it had.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Haha, talking of handbrakes...our neighbours car opposite our house rolled off the drive the other day. Pointless info I know but hey! Sorry for hijacking the thread!

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Why will they die? they are squeal shims, infact they are shims that didnt even work when they left the factory..

16v Phase 1
16v rear disc brakes have always been crap..mines failed several years running. Frequently it's down to the handbrake cable, as spanner monkeys just tighten and tighten it up...great idea, but does not allow the full movement of the handbrake level (on the caliper), so fails horribly. Calipera are not too expensive (GSF), and even discs, pad and cables are easily replaced. Stay clear of 2nd hand calipers on eBay and a like...they are usually on there for a reason.!