ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I want to buy those xenon bulbs????

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
right i know that these prestige cars like beemers and jags have that HID system, but do those "xenon bulbs" on ebay look the same? i want that blueish tinit u get wen u see cars with them on. u know wen if flashes blueish tint fior a split second? Are the 1's on ebay any gud?

2014 Focus Titanium
i need the spherical lense in your light cluster to get this as i think it refracts the blue light to the top. buy some new light clusters with this sphere and i think that will work? although im not sure. the HID kit will just make them much brighter.

Da

Less
no, is the answer to your question. The only way to get the proper 'hid' look is to buy an aftermarket HID kit for approx £250 depending on type etc.

You can if your lucky (like me) source all the bits second hand from a 172/182 etc for around £300 mate, but this is no use for your Mk1 obviously ;)

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
so those xenon bulbs on ebay wnt have that blueish tint and bright light? i swear i have seen small cars like puntos and corsas with this type of light?

Da

Less
they will be blueish and probably brighter (illegal) but will not fool people 'in the know' into thinking they're HID mate. Look at it this way, it's like fitting alloy-look hub caps onto your steel wheels and then people (from a distance) thinking you've got alloys. :clown: Not the look I would go for, but all IMO of course. It's your car :cool:

D

dick

daz mate, u know the xenons from 182s, do you just unscrew originals and bolt in the xenons?

im assuming probs nt gonna be as easy as this?

Da

Less
dick, basically yes although you need the headlights, the ballasts, starter packs and the bulbs. The 182 headlights (or 172) are a direct replacement for standard ones. I haven't yet got mine fitted but will keep you posted on any problems mate.

Patrick, those would give a continuous blue effect light not the clear/blue/purple light as HID does. They are street legal too.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
has any1 ever had these fitted or seen them? how do they look? also how obvious is the blue tint?

Tangoed Works
There are a few options apart from paying out for a full HID kit if you just want a classy blueish look. The start is to get some PIAA led sidelights, this will remove the yellowy effect from your headlights. There are 3 types, one with 2 blue leds, one with 2 white leds and one with one blue and one white, I had this combo previously. These are about £20, or you could go for Piaa Teras which are £40 but are very very bright. I currently have these on my 182 and go very well with the Xenons.

With regards to bulb choice, Ring Sportz blue are very cheap and very bright (rated 80/100w). They arent street legal, but I ran these on my car previously and never had a police officer say anything. Its your choice.

Another option if your feeling flush is the Piaa Plasma Spark Blue (approx £70) but well worth it and they last for ages too. These give off a lot of white light (most useful), but also have a distinct blue tinge even when your lights are off, not tacky but classy.

Only limited by your budget, but you definately get what you pay for, dont be tempted by cheaper sidelights etc, they just blow withing a week or so and you have to buy all over again. I would highly recommend going fully PIAA. Check out www.priracing.com.

Excuse the shakyness, but this is how the Piaa led sidelights looked on my old saxo (one blue one white led).
docks009.jpg

Audi TT 225 Quattro
jayxx83 said:
There are a few options apart from paying out for a full HID kit if you just want a classy blueish look. The start is to get some PIAA led sidelights, this will remove the yellowy effect from your headlights. There are 3 types, one with 2 blue leds, one with 2 white leds and one with one blue and one white, I had this combo previously. These are about £20, or you could go for Piaa Teras which are £40 but are very very bright. I currently have these on my 182 and go very well with the Xenons.

With regards to bulb choice, Ring Sportz blue are very cheap and very bright (rated 80/100w). They arent street legal, but I ran these on my car previously and never had a police officer say anything. Its your choice.

Another option if your feeling flush is the Piaa Plasma Spark Blue (approx £70) but well worth it and they last for ages too. These give off a lot of white light (most useful), but also have a distinct blue tinge even when your lights are off, not tacky but classy.

Only limited by your budget, but you definately get what you pay for, dont be tempted by cheaper sidelights etc, they just blow withing a week or so and you have to buy all over again. I would highly recommend going fully PIAA. Check out www.priracing.com.

Excuse the shakyness, but this is how the Piaa led sidelights looked on my old saxo (one blue one white led).
docks009.jpg

which colour is on the passanger side headlight mate, looks very good and would go with my hid kit well...

Clio Campus Sport
ur saxo pic looks different on my clio
bought the led one blue one white and they look pretty illegal to me!

gonna try and exchange them for the E-marked ones

the blue 'flash' for a split second is from the pojector lenses.. puntos do it yet dont have HID lights and my mates 106 gti with projectors flashes a bit bluey/yelowy etc

the HID bit just makes them very white and bright instead of yellow and makes the blue/purple 'flash' alot more defined.

Black Dynamique 1.4 16v
keep ya eyes peeled on ebay for the proper renault xenon headlights,managed to get the whole kit for £300 squid!

I bought a full set of bulbs from powerbulbs.com (indicators/sidelight/full and dipped beam) and they are much much whiter.. i always get people on the country roads flashing at me though..

Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v
Guy said:
the blue 'flash' for a split second is from the pojector lenses.. puntos do it yet dont have HID lights and my mates 106 gti with projectors flashes a bit bluey/yelowy etc

I say the same as this guy, i put projector healights on my old mk4 fiesta, and they gave that blue/purple flash that you talk about. and they had a warning on them not to use HID bulbs!