ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I was a virgin.....

M

mini-valver

Detailed my car for the first time today, never used clay etc before so thought id give it a go. Never realised how shat up it was with tar etc, took some pics of before and after but not great quality as it was starting to go dark but its like a mirror now!
Used-
Turtle wax shampoo
Megs clay bar with quick detail as lubricant
Scratch x (need some pointers for this as it did nothing to remove a bit of overspray and found it left residue which was a b**ch to get off. Tried applicator pad and terry towel)
AutoGlym super resin polish.
Got some megs wax to go on tommorrow, it was too dark and i was too knackered to do anymore!
Take a butchers and tell me what you think and give some opinions on other/best ways to apply these products!

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
  Chocolate Bar™
dave you do look kinda chav like in that reflection!

(i can verify that he isnt in real life btw ;))

looks nice as always, will look even better when i've lent you some of my products!

M

mini-valver

I was in my 'scratty, dont mind getting dirty' clothes! A work jumper and trackies you bunch of b******s :(

What are these fabled products? went in a detail buying frenzy today so dont want to pay for something thats free, lol!

Chocolate Bar™
lol i think its the cap ;)

i'v got lots and lots and lots. Poor boys polish, amigo, p21's to name but a few!

M

mini-valver

I like my cap :( dont wear it like a chav so i guess im ok....... maybe.

Cool, enjoyed today although i couldnt get that b*****d overspray off. Anyone got any ideas for this??

Nice colour to shine up, looks great, I would enjoy polishing up mine but its probably a waste of effort as its silver.

M

mini-valver

What sealant should i use? Specific brand and name would be great if you could!

Heres my favourite pic i got-

106 GTi
Looking good.

I am not suprised Scratch X did not touch overspray it is fairly mild, I would get some overspray clay to remove it.

M

mini-valver

Cheers mate and thanks for all the advice. Where can i get the overspray clay? Would not shift it after 30 mintes of really working it in and taking it off so gave up in the end.
Want it gone as its the firts thing i see when i look at the car now!

M

mini-valver

Just ordered some, £22 inc deleivery so not to bad. Think that'll do the trick?

106 GTi
It should do, depending on how long it has been on there. Use with caution it is aggressive stuff.

M

mini-valver

Okay, will do. Apply the same as the normal one? Take it i should seal, polish and wax straight after?
Any sealant recomendations pre-waxing??

M

mini-valver

Great, thanks for the help. Let you know how it goes, hopefully i wont need a respray ;)

M

mini-valver

Cheers, really pleased with how its looking so far even before seal and wax. Made me appreciate my car more for some reason, will be detailing more often from now on, never want it to be so filthy with tar and contaminants again....

M

mini-valver

Its got a massive steelie on the front though :(

When i get a new wheel we'll have to get this Photoshoot off the ground......:approve:

Chocolate Bar™
aye i'm sure hodgy wilky and makavelli (the photo ***** himself) will all be up for a photoshoot, should be good cos there will be one of each model there pretty much! will let you know when i get my bloody car back ;)