ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I whooped the GTi

im so ashamed that similar grouped drivers (youngish, im 19, with only 1.4i) can acually talk so much sh1te.

a 1.2 and a 1.4 aint gonna touch a 2l 16v, your dreaming. ive got induction an zorst on my 1.4. big whooop i put it on there to make the car sound nice when i drive. make it faster it does not. not noticably anyway.

and to the guy who was braggin about his 1.4 with "mods".......... SEVENTEEN INCH RIMS SLOW THE CAR DOWN 0-60.

your car may look the bollox, which it should. like said before cars like ours are town cars. not built for performance. im doing/done some body stuff to make the car aesthetically pleasing but thats it my car wont keep up witht he big boys and i aint gonna come on here bullsh*tting anyone it will do.

ill stick to embarresing 1.2/1.3/1.4 novas and other bits and bobs.

ill leave the 2ls alone till i get something with a bit more poke

honda accord 2.4 type s

Please Please Please 17, just passed his test and yet already being hailed as the "new" Michael Schumacher

indeed whem we go to events in my 1.4 i keep up top end wise, happy cruising along in 3 figures
but if the bimmers and such like raped it off then i would be left asking for directions lol

Lets just all be thankful that toofast is in a 1.4. Had he got a 172 or a V6 there could easily be one less clio on the road with his "risky" driving skills.

Yes the 1.4 is a town car, so Id love to see how it keeps up with the 172 in town! There wont be much in it me thinks!

plus, I dont drive dangerously, u just got to know when to overtake, and when to block the other car over taking you!
I remeber the VTR I was burning off last month, we were in the fast lane of the A12 going to Southend, I was a cars length ahead doing 60, but about 400meters ahead I spotted a Merc doin the speed limit, so I slowed down a little and waited for the VTR to overtake on the middle lane, which it did, and at the same time i moved into the lane and blocked him of smoked it and swerved in front of the Merc, by this time the VTR was stuck in the middle lane blocked by a Golf, he couldnt over take cos of the Merc....

that is what I call tactical driving with a little risk! but then youve got to take risks in life!! no pain, no gain!!!!!!

So like I said, in the twisty bits or in town, 172 boys bring BRING it ON!!!!!!!!!

oh, and to the person who said that Im gonna get whooped by the GTi again! well by that time Id have my ECU remapped and engine ported and polished, so lets see what my performance figures say!!!!! prob something like this huh

172 0-60= 7.4
GTi 0-60= 8.5
my MODDED 1.4 0-60= 9.0

thas not bad is it

"I dont drive dangerously, u just got to know when to overtake, and when to block the other car over taking you!
I remeber the VTR I was burning off last month, we were in the fast lane of the A12 going to Southend, I was a cars length ahead doing 60, but about 400meters ahead I spotted a Merc doin the speed limit, so I slowed down a little and waited for the VTR to overtake on the middle lane, which it did, and at the same time i moved into the lane and blocked him of smoked it and swerved in front of the Merc,"

I cant beleive what Im reading, this has got to be a wind up. If that isnt dangerous driving I dont know what is!! Blocking and cutting people up is not my idea of an acceptable road etiquette, risk yourself by all means but not at the expense of others!

twofast

if thats not dangerous driving i hate to see what you do think is dangerous
just by you saying this stuff i dont wanna race you and im sure no 172 wanna race you too

think ill just let you think your the fastest in the world in your 1.4
wow so much power you got there.

you keep on stating figure but you inexperience show just you saying its only a second. 1 sec could mean anything from 5 car lengths and more which is a lot of distance.

wongy

twofast

why would anyone want to mast#rbate on a forum. Leave us alone and do it in private. BTW at 17 I was driving a ported fire belching Mazda RX2.
Cheers buddy, enjoy your 1.2 but please dont confuse enthusiasm with skill & experience.

"and at the same time i moved into the lane and blocked him of smoked it and swerved in front of the Merc"

um mate, your young, so am i (20)....but........c**k MEISTER 2000!!!!
thats the most stupid tactical driving i have ever heard, i would never do that, let alone plan it before it happened!!

BTW,a polished head will make fuel suspension worse (due to turbulance boundary layers), but i suppose you already knew that idea went down the toilet about 10yrs ago.

oh, dagenham....pretty much says it all, shouldnt you be drivin a MK2 1.1 fezzy?

Yeh well, Im with twofast

The 1.2 and 1.4 are underestimated due to the 172!
Nevertheless, they are fast when pushed to the limit, and when I do that, I can keep up with a lot of cars which should otherwise say bye bye to me and leave me in their smoke!!!!

I respect skilled drivers, good on ya twofast!!!!

These 172 boys obviously dont deserve their cars since they dont drive it like it should be driven!!!! not prepared to take risks? how do you expect to winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twofast4u,
your a danger to every other car on the road :mad: if you swerve infront of cars to stop them overtaking and you think thats natural (its actually dangerous driving) then think again.
Oh it was me who said that the next 206 would whoop your ass, and even in a modified 1.4 with ecu and ported head, you still would be hard pushed if there was a decent driver in one (remember these cars have 138bhp and 145lbs of torque) so when you meet mr modified 206 gti and he still has 40bhp on you, think again...
I think that most people on here are now looking at you thinking "what a w***er, hes giving us clio people a bad name", and i dont blame em, cos you are giving them a bad name, and if you think that your car will even keep up with a 172 on the twisties, id also reconsider that, it wont, those 17s will impare your handling and judgement as you seem to think they give you super grip and make your car go faster.... nope, sorry, it doesnt quite work that way.

Tony

LMAO,

guys i wouldnt pay to much attention to this thread.... this is clearly a windup!!

full stainless exhaust, and induction kit.... are these really classed as mods? or was this an investment aimed as a handicap to slow your beast of 1.4 down abit until you get used to the raw power?!

seems 172 slayer may have changed his nick. lets hope this guy kills himself by next weekend, as i cant stand these wanky t**sers on our roads! if he doesnt kill himself by then, he will kill someone else. Maybe when he has killed someone he will calm down. Its people like these that give us enthusiasts a bad name.

i think we should end this thread.

whats been going on here, didnt look on here over the weekend much and everyone has gone mad. well it gave me a good laugh this morning reading how these 1.2s can beat evos and 172s i dunno maybe when these people grow up a bit they might realise how pathetic they sound. my first car was a 1.3 yeah i thought it was pretty quick but come on i no what it could realisticly beat, sort yourselves out before u kill yourself or someone else.

CTR EK9 turbo

Its definately a wind up. Well done, youve succeded. I wouldnt rise to any more of these tall stories. I just realised what ive done, i was taken in by the bullsh!t. I am so gullible

2fast4u - "172 0-60= 7.4" Where did you get that from then? Latest edition of Max Muppet???

We were easily getting 7.2 seconds to 60 with two people in the cars (tested with the AP-22). With one person in the car you are looking under 7 seconds to 60mph for the 172. My last car was a 1.4 16v Clio. It would be hammered by a 172. In fact, I wouldnt have made a dick of myself by trying......

I know idiots like you. I see them on the roads way too often. You are like the morons in the XR2 who were shouting abuse at traffic lights trying to get a race the other day. You are the same sort of tw@t I see everyday in the Nova diving dangerously between lanes to get a couple of cars up in the queue. Worse of all you are exactly like the type of cretin who puts the lives of others at risk. You are NOT a good driver. At 17, you have no experience of driving. If you really do carry on like you say you do, you will end up hurting yourself, or much much worse, someone else.

Arrrghh.....what a muppet!!!!!

Rhys

toofast4u,

who the hell do you think you are "CARLOS FANDANGO" sory to anyone who is not old enough to know who he is.

This is supposed to be a sensible forum and not (and excuse me if Im wrong) the rantings of a delussional whipper snapper.

The GTI driver, as said with GF was obviously not even trying. To be honest, although I like a bit of a go fro time to time, I would not even bother. NO CONTEST, with the GF, I like many sensible people do not want to kill her and dont even bother.

Im sure the 1.4 16vs 0-60 is circa 12 seconds. Now I know it may feel that bit quicker, but 9 secs 0-60 is actually not possible to attain without nitrous, a turbo, or supercharging. If a 172 could reduce its 0-60 by 25% with a filter, exhaust etc it would pull the 0-60 in just over 5 secs. That just is not possible (even with forced induction i would be hard).

Now Im not having a go for the sake of it, but there are some times when weve all got to take a step back and have the courage, humility and decency to look at things in a different way.

If you speak to anybody who REALLY knows anything about cars - and their car - they will always be up front with you. They will realise the limits of their car. I know my car is a quick little beast - but I also know that in most 0-60 situations Ill rarely be quicker than 8 seconds. Thats in a car with a book 0-60 of 7.7secs and 35bhp extra due to real mods that make a real difference. Thats becuase I know that Im not the best at standing starts and becuase the road conditions (e.g. rain, uneven surfaces) will rarely allow you to get the full performance of your car.

I had a 1.2 and at times I really felt like I could race a Williams - and then one day I did. It well and truly anhiliated me! From standing, I redlined at 27mph or so - just when the Williams torque and power start to come on stream in 1st!! Down the twisties too I was left totally gutted - well and truly. And I can say that quite happily - my car was OK, but not that good and there was no way that Id have been able to keep up - even if I had super-human driving skills (which none of us here do, otherwise wed be in Formula 1).

The extra design that goes into a proper hot hatch is much more than youd believe. Take the Williams/16v for example:

Wider tracks, markedly improved rear suspension, double the power of most models, bodywork to contain the mods (bonnet bulge, large arches - not just there for looks!), totally different braking system, totally different transmission, up-rated cooling, starting and charging systems, up-rated interior.

Youll gain far more respect and friendly banter here if you could just know when to be a bit more humble. We all do it - and thats why were a good on-line community. Basically: youre not wanted here if you cant be reasonable.

clio 20v

this is starting to get really silly 1.4 cars are quite nippy about 10 secs ish to 60 after having a car that did 60 in about 9.5-10 secs there not dead slow and will keep up with a lot of cars incuding some warm hatches but my valver would cane my old car no matter who was drivin even schumacher PERIOD! CAN WE FORGET ABOUT THIS NOW PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I think we can safely say schools out for summer!

I think the guys are just from the Saxo Forum winding u up a bit....if hes serious stay well clear!