ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I wish i had aircon!!!!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Just open your windows bro?

As you're nearly pushing 40 iirc, do you not have anything better to do than to troll on here and goad 17 year olds? Do you ever sit back and not think its a bit sad?

Serious question btw

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I have it. Never used it. Mainly because I think it needs re-gassing.

But after today, I've just called a guy who's coming to sort it on Weds.

You do realise the good weather will be over for 12 months by then!

That's fine. Apparently I need to have it on 24/7 anyway.

I've never used it but it's a nice thing to have. I'm all for having the window open and a breeze at 30MPH but get on the motorway and open the windows? No ta.

260% JCW

Climate change................ things are only going to get warmer.

It's ok though just open your windows lol, that 32 degree wind cools you down.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I dunno mate but you clearly feel you are. This has been a pretty good debate about AC but you brought in the personal attacks so I kind guessed you felt threatened?

Threatened? not at all. Just an observation at most of your posts these days. A healthy debate has balanced answers, not mass trolling/goading/jumping down peoples throats if they don't agree with you?

This has been balanced though. You are bringing a personal angle into it. All over the fact that you can't afford AC. No need to be so personal mate. It's just an opinion that AC makes you cooler. Oh and a fact but let's ignore those.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
With your mention of AC effecting MPG, it makes it sound like you can't afford to have it on?
Not particularly. Like I said, I never use it, mainly because I cba, but also because 90% of my journeys are no more than 5 miles. My car is lucky if if it does 40 miles in a week.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
This has been balanced though. You are bringing a personal angle into it. All over the fact that you can't afford AC. No need to be so personal mate. It's just an opinion that AC makes you cooler. Oh and a fact but let's ignore those.

Keep trying, its still not working, must be an age thing.

Nothing to do with AC fella, just the general attitude/undertones of some of the posts you make in various threads...

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Climate change................ things are only going to get warmer.

It's ok though just open your windows lol, that 32 degree wind cools you down.

Lol, I'm in support of a/c, don't think I could get a car without it now.

Climate change is happening, it's still not going to be warm all the time here though ;)

Keep trying, its still not working, must be an age thing.

Nothing to do with AC fella, just the general attitude/undertones of some of the posts you make in various threads...

It is working though as you keep responding.

I don't want to be blunt but let's be blunt - you would use AC if you were in a hot car in the summer. If you deny this then you are the troll. Srsly dude. Surely you can see this?

Artic Blue 182 FF
Couldn`t be without Air Con myself, ive been stuck twice for several hours on the M25 in the last 3 weeks in hot weather, and that was enough to warrant having it for me. The amount of times in the past ive wished I had Air Con on cars that didnt have it. The last track day I had it on without realising for one of the blasts. I dont even notice any difference in MPG or power, whether its so slight that you cant really notice, I just dont know. The difference in the Cup version to the FF just isnt anywhere near enough difference to warrant loosing the creature comforts for me.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
It is working though as you keep responding.

I don't want to be blunt but let's be blunt - you would use AC if you were in a hot car in the summer. If you deny this then you are the troll. Srsly dude. Surely you can see this?

Yes i would, but I dont need AC. You seem to think you need it? Can you see this?

172 cup
i do the same mate but its still not cool enough for me, if i had aircon in this weather i'd be using it even if it is for a day hey maybe a few weeks.
Hilarious how every thread gets turned into a debate having a right giggle at munson and gaz kev battling it out between each other

Renault Clio 200
After spending the past 2 years without it and now having a car with it - I would definitely have A/C with climate control over not having it :D
In fact I wish my bloody van had it - 50k miles a year with A/C not cool lol

You seem to think you need it?

Do I need AC to keep cool inside a mobile greenhouse when it's 34c in the shade? Yeah I kinda do. Anyway though. I get what you mean. Sort of. I don't really but let's not fight ;)

BTW why would anyone actually remove the AC unless it's a race car? Even if you don't use it, you gain nothing by ripping it out. Right? Except perhaps an inability to sell it.

Buyer: Yeah looks in good condish. I'll take it. Oh is the AC gassed up and working?

You: No I tore it all out so I can go round the ringz faster.

Buyer: Oh.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It is quite retarded to remove your aircon from a daily car. I'm sorry but it is.

The people who don't need air con don't have it as was said. It's a fantastic tool and I wouldn't buy a car without it.

Turning up to dates/mettings with either A. Hair like Jedward from the windows being down or B. Very very wet and smelly. Hmmm i'll take the aircon.

182 Turbo Project
I was in the car all day yesterday, I didn't have the AC on once. But I'm a tight ass. Plus I like the taste of bugs when theyre sucked into the cabin through the open window when I'm 'making progress'. However, I do have a stiff neck today, catching a draft ftl :(

E46 320CD
A/C isn't switched off during summer months.

Comfort or loose a couple of MPG - comfort every time for me.

Take Sunday for example, the car had been left in direct sunlight all day and it was cooking when i opened the door (black leathers seats too). Engine on, A/C on full blast whilst i'm loading the car up and 2 minutes later it's lovely and cool.

I really don't understand people who have it but don't use it.

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
Before I got my 172 I didnt want air con, even after I got it I thaught about removing it, but now I think it can stay lol

OP clearly doesn't understand the rules of being a cup owner. No matter how sweaty your sack gets you have to point blank refuse that having A/C is worthwhile. Instead you have to bang on about the weight saving and how it gets you to your destination 0.0000001 of a second faster than a FF RS owner.

The hit squad of cup owners will have been sent to take you out, I wouldn't worry though as they'll all crash on the way there due to accidents that could only have been prevented if they had ABS.

172 cup
OP clearly doesn't understand the rules of being a cup owner. No matter how sweaty your sack gets you have to point blank refuse that having A/C is worthwhile. Instead you have to bang on about the weight saving and how it gets you to your destination 0.0000001 of a second faster than a FF RS owner.

The hit squad of cup owners will have been sent to take you out, I wouldn't worry though as they'll all crash on the way there due to accidents that could only have been prevented if they had ABS.
FLOL i knew what i was getting into when i bought a cup, i was merely saying on days where its hot i wish i had aircon as anybody would.

also did i once say that it gets me to my destination quicker NO read the post correctly

How about you read my post properly. I was stating seemingly ingrained kneejerk response that cup owners display in threads about A/C and it's merits (or lack of). At what point in that post did I mention you specifically?

Nissan 350z
Im a cup owner but i spec'd Aircon for a reduced required discount :cool:
Dont regret it what so ever when stuck in stationary traffic on days like these!