ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

if you cannot afford to pay for a refurb

essentially doin the same as a dremel though. dremel sanding and polishing bits just do the same thing. That guy is crazy tho haha

:S i did this to mine about a year ago! just got to be careful :clown:

l_d9adca7715d0500f6342a6ab8ff99bad.png

spa1201xf7.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
The bloke is a Genius, That must be quite scary having your fingers that close to a Spinning wheel, Your finger would prob be torn off it got caught in there, OUCH!!!!!!

BMW M5 & E36
Good thinking. What's the likelihood of somehow getting your fingers in there though? Pretty slim I'd have thought unless you're some heavy handed ape.

or u snag on a bit of metal or are budged. would it not be easier using a sanding block atatched to a handle so ur hands arent near.

The dudes crazy ! Good work though :cool:

- I wounder who will be the first cs member to do, it then post up when they've fooked it up lol !

Golf GTI PP Mk7

- I wounder who will be the first cs member to do, it then post up when they've fooked it up lol !

his clio will be in the for sale thread, with him no longer being able to drive after he severed his hands off refurbing the wheels.

see top of page! i did it last year, i clipped my fingers a couple of times but if you take care it's fine. wouldnt do it again though, takes forever!

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
My Dad and I used that technique to refurb his Merc's alloys. We hadn't seen it at the time but it just seemed the simple thing to do. Infact the only thing I was worried about was the car falling off the supports and driving straight into the wall infront. We didn't spin the wheels too fast, and the photos there probably make them look faster than they are actually going. Took about 5 mins a wheel to sand down nicely. Job done with all fingers intact.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
well put the car in reverse then its not going to pull your fingers off, it will just make them vibrate, cos the wheels won't be against your fingers