ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If you go down to the woods today #2 (172 Hybrid)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Evening all,

Today i borrowed by dads Canon SLR to take a few pics of the 172 even though it's filthy and i can't really be bothered washing the thing.

I actually quite like it dirty.:evil: Detailers relax, there is MANY a coat of wax underneath all the crap.;)

Couldn't belive how much of a difference a decent camera makes! lol

Hope you like...

1cead2e2.jpg

8f8c7baa.jpg

e5b12f2a.jpg

c30ad7f5.jpg

c09422d4.jpg

Before you say it's not that dirty...it is for me. :eek:

84922017.jpg

A few pics of a new addition too...
iPod install with remote control and the following bits. :approve:

Alpine CDA1947-R Head Unit linked to CD Changer under drivers seat.
Alpine KCA420i iPod interface.
4x Alpine SPR 134-A component speakers in factory mountings.
Alpine MRP F240 2 channel amplifier.
JBL GTO400 Amplifier.
JBL 12" Subwoofer.
229f1d60.jpg

5d57987b.jpg

f00ad71a.jpg

Thanks to Dave (DaveCli02) for the fitting. It has all been in the car for getting on 7 weeks now and i'm still impressed by the clarity and depth with every song i hear.
Also thank to Dan (fubar) for the amp mounting guide. Very clear instructions and great pics! :approve:

Apologies for the monster post. :eek:

Chris

Last edited:
  106 GTi
Great shots and a tidy system to boot must get round to getting my Alpine and I-pod wired in.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
well worth it IMO jay.

just plug your iPod in and then i have a velcro pad that i fix it down with in the glovebox.

dead neat. :)

106 GTi
Been waiting for Alpine stalk and display adapters for the 05 cars, but think I will get it in anyway, having the pod in the car will be so much handier, no more cds!

Ph1 172 & others
Carbon Copy your car is imo the tidest car on this forum. I just love the way it looks so subtle and those rims just set it off perfectly. If you ever want to sell make sure you pm me!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Hellcat said:
Carbon Copy your car is imo the tidest car on this forum. I just love the way it looks so subtle and those rims just set it off perfectly. If you ever want to sell make sure you pm me!

:eek::approve:

well that's made all the effort of cleaning it worth while.;)

seriously though mate, thanks a lot. :D

and about the sale, she is staying with me for a while yet. :approve:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Final_Maxim said:
nice pics, silly question.. hows it a hybrid? 182 engine?

Mk1 172.

Mk2 sidestrips, badges, rear bumper and soon......Mk2 bootlock release with Renault badge. :approve:

wouldn't want a 182 lump in it! with that nasty FBW throttle!! tsk tsk!

;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Aust1n said:
Doesnt do it justice.. !

Glad to see you've got your speakers in dude.. sound like you expected?

crystal clear mate. the components are amazingly good, and the sub gives it a nice kick on the lowest setting, just sets the sound off perfectly.

:approve:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
meggerman said:
sup wit steering wheel ? all flakey.

get a cover on it

all Mk1 172 have this problem.

the wheels were alcantara when they were new. now they look like the previous owners were named Edward and had a very pale complexion. :(

i know Day has a wheel as bad as mine, Fubar and Paul's (Clarkie172) are a lot better.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Mine looks similar to your's as well Carbon. Less of the single flakey area, but potholes ad scratches all over it. But having an alcantara steering wheel more than makes up for it!

320d
Looking good as always chris

About time with that rear lock mechanism ;)

Get some mk2 interior handles on there... i'm selling some DIY sets at the moment if you're interested drop me a PM

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
^^i think i have found some through a friend at Renault. Thanks anyways Rich, if it falls though ill give you a PM.

:)

Thanks for the comments ppl.