ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My ITB'd 172 cup fast road/ track car project

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
No thats a Reserve FOR the back up :)

The back up is a Lotus ExigeS!

The main one... is pretty er 'Nippy' Thats Tonys head on the left!
http://youtu.be/kvZtFUJHFV0

You are welcome to have a drive of my Clio. Its wicked. I LOVE it!!! comes to every event I do and gets hammered around by everyone all day long! Would be cool to get some pics of mine and yours together!

Twins :)

That westfield looks mental dude,see what I mean Lewis although that is may be a bit to mental even for me lol

Some very nice driving there btw

Trafic 140dci
BIG UPDATE! Just got off the phone with Ricardo having agreed a price on his ph1...

Reason being is, my cup is just a track car and needs a cage really, and for months i've been weighing up buying a cage and getting it fitted in the cup, but a 6 point cage is circa £600 then getting it fitted, spraying etc. Not to mention the body work on my cup is ruined, again was wanting to get front and rear bumper resprayed, new bonnet as that's beyond repair but again that's not going to be cheap.

So i got the note pad out, worked out how much i'd get back breaking my car (minimum prices of course) and the figures do work out to make it a justifiable move. Just my savings are seriously going to hurt untill the cup has gone.

Will still be running the cup at Snetterton on Saturday but then will be picking up the ph1 the following week.

Plans will be to fit the following parts off my cup:

ITB kit
Pure motorsport top mounts
Whiteline ARB
2118's
182 manifold, Decat & Oreca Group N race exhaust (as it is all mapped to suit my ITB's)

The rest of my Cup will be broken for parts. I'm gutted i'm not finishing the Cup, but this works out so much cheaper, and will be so more unique, not to mention an FIA approved roll cage so could do a race series in the future.

Will start a new project thread for the white one once i get it :)

Last edited:
  Trafic 140dci
So you're going to have to get the ph1 mapped?

lol
Well yeah :( i guess. I don't know, me and DannyR were talking about putting the engine out of my cup in, but with the timing being out, a valve not sitting right, it would probably be better to stick with the engine thats in it, i'm hoping if i swap all the exhaust system aswell it should be pretty close regarding the map, shouldn't be too far out.

Will put a forsale thread up once i have the ph1, don't want to be dealing with a million PM's before its ready to be broken.

SQ5
Yea it shouldn't need mapping swapping everything out and over. It will probably want a check over but will run 99% well.

Can't wait to get my hands dirty on the white one as I never got to :(

Trafic 140dci
Yea it shouldn't need mapping swapping everything out and over. It will probably want a check over but will run 99% well.

Can't wait to get my hands dirty on the white one as I never got to :(
You can't have it back. Lol, i'll let you drive it on a track day once it's done, seeing as it was yours! lol

Evo 5 RS
So you're swapping the engine over as well?

If not you should probably get it mapped at some stage. I'm using the map from my old engine, same spec, but it's a bit flat...

Plus what with your timing being out, it'll definitely need checking over, as that'll feck your map right up. Although the power yours made it can't be out by all that much!

Trafic 140dci
So you're swapping the engine over as well?

If not you should probably get it mapped at some stage. I'm using the map from my old engine, same spec, but it's a bit flat...

Plus what with your timing being out, it'll definitely need checking over, as that'll feck your map right up.
Matt noticed it was out when he checked it at weekend, he said it wasn't bad enough to worry about, well it's an idea at the moment, i don't want to really

Yeah Dan was going to swap + moneys his way before but that worked out a ball ache so didn't bother, but buying it, and breaking my cup, works out financially better and easier.

You going to be selling a set of solid engine and gearbox mounts in the near future?

If you need a hand with anything i can help, ill even bring my hammer or just make tea :)

Trafic 140dci
You going to be selling a set of solid engine and gearbox mounts in the near future?

If you need a hand with anything i can help, ill even bring my hammer or just make tea :)
Depends if the white one has solid engine mounts, will now check rich's project thread!

Thanks mate, might take you up on it, Danny should be helping me on the first day on it but may get in touch if i need a hand :)

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Depends if the white one has solid engine mounts, will now check rich's project thread!

Thanks mate, might take you up on it, Danny should be helping me on the first day on it but may get in touch if i need a hand :)

The white Clio has std engine mounts, i thought about upgrading but then couldn't see the need to running a std engine

SQ5
I've got first dibs on everything, even if Lewis doesn't know it! I'm wearing my trousers with big pockets ;) only messing!

You gonna swap seats and bits over too?

Will the car be at yours already on the 28th?

Trafic 140dci
I've got first dibs on everything, even if Lewis doesn't know it! I'm wearing my trousers with big pockets ;) only messing!

You gonna swap seats and bits over too?

Will the car be at yours already on the 28th?
haha fair enough ;) its got the same seats in it and better harness's, i'm hoping to have it home for saturday afternoon, and ill do a few bits, then was gonna try and arrange for you to come over the 29th and spend the day stripping them both and swapping bits :) exhaust should be the only ball ache, and loom, don't know if a ph2 & ph1 loom is the same? no one replied to my thread lol.

SQ5
Loom maybe be tricky, but your running cable throttle now anyway. Maybe worth a call to Matt.

I can be there all day on the 29th.

Wow thats a surprise Lewis but I can totally understand where your coming from if its going to save you money in the long term :)! Also his PH1 is a great looking car and i'm sure once complete it will be even better. Is it not feasible to return the cup to standard and sell on? The thing I thought of is have you investigated the strut brace being transferred onto a PH1 as I know PMS developed a specific one for the PH1 but I'm not sure of why this is! Other than that i'm looking forward to seeing progress and keep photos coming :)

Trafic 140dci
Wow thats a surprise Lewis but I can totally understand where your coming from if its going to save you money in the long term :)! Also his PH1 is a great looking car and i'm sure once complete it will be even better. Is it not feasible to return the cup to standard and sell on? The thing I thought of is have you investigated the strut brace being transferred onto a PH1 as I know PMS developed a specific one for the PH1 but I'm not sure of why this is! Other than that i'm looking forward to seeing progress and keep photos coming :)
Surprised my self to be honest! But done the math and it seems the right thing to do. Standard i wouldn't be able to sell my car for much more than £1500, the body work is a state (you'll see at Snetterton) breaking it doesn't work out to be a big loss, but will just be a chore having the shell on my drive for a little while.

Will probably start a new project thread for this car seeing as it's a new one :)

Golf GTD Mk7
I thought this was going to be another "I made a track car, got bored and sold it..." thread. Glad to see you're consolidating rather than selling Lewis :)

Trafic 140dci
I thought this was going to be another "I made a track car, got bored and sold it..." thread. Glad to see you're consolidating rather than selling Lewis :)
No not me, not for another couple of years at least :) I'm just trying to save money where i can as it isn't a cheap hobby! lol

GSXR + KDX220
Good plan lewis, ph1s have really grown on me since having my ph2, especially in white! Will be following its progress

Trafic 140dci
Good plan lewis, ph1s have really grown on me since having my ph2, especially in white! Will be following its progress
Thanks mate.

Bit of a mini update! Just cleared out the garage today, was at a point where you couldn't even walk into it, so got a skip in this morning and binned aload of sh*t out of the garage :) Something i've been putting off for months, but need it done now! Got space now to store all the parts off my ph2 untill they are sold, so i can get the shell stripped down and off the drive as quickly as possible, as having the shell on my drive will block the access to the back of the house.

You certainly don't hang around Lewis :) Work out your buying it yesterday and get a skip to the door the next morning to clear a space for it! Impressive and determined lol! Looking forward to seeing progress with it and will keep my eye out for the new project thread :)