ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My ITB'd 172 cup fast road/ track car project

Trafic 140dci
Half hour ish...looks sick!
I'll be honest, just looked at it on a map, and its going the wrong direction to home mate, will have to pass as i need to be home to break the cup (need the money tbh) and have a night out for someones birthday that night.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
I was thinking of doing something similar and buying the MWM ph1 turbo and changing the engines over,but seemed like to much hassle so going to stick with mine.

Trafic 140dci
I was thinking of doing something similar and buying the MWM ph1 turbo and changing the engines over,but seemed like to much hassle so going to stick with mine.
Works out the opposite way round for me LOL, tbh tho mate, it isn't a bad idea really, stick the 182 lump in the ph1 and flog it on should get £1500 for it, you'd only be £1k down and have a 260bhp clio ;)

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Have spoken to MWM and its a nightmare as the whole loom would have to be changed on both cars to much work and money.

d5n

RB 182 FF
Just read about your new purchase mate.
Makes sense to buy a car in better condition and spec and add a few of your bits to it.

If you sell the Cobra buckets and harnesses I'll buy them back from you mate, only sold them as needed the money but now work has picked up its time to start buying some bits for my Cup ready for a trip to the ring and a few track days in the summer.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Great move getting this car, I was looking at it a little while back :) Mint shell!!

Trafic 140dci
Great move getting this car, I was looking at it a little while back :) Mint shell!!
Thanks mate i'm really looking forward to getting it :)

Also little update for the project thread, went to Snetterton on Saturday, the weather was crap, most of the day was spent in the pits after red flags, and some mug got oil on the racing line all round the track (was wet so oil made it like ice rink) that alone closed the track for an hour and a half.

But the car was epic, even in the wet it held really well, brakes locked up easily in the wet, as to be expected on medium A048's, especially with no abs! Once it started to dry out i started pushing it harder and harder, and felt like i improved loads over the day, was really impressed with the way the car now handled, and braked as it had all been upgraded since i done my last track day, need to get my confidence up still and take more speed round the corners, brake later and power on earlier :) looking forward to getting the white ph1 on Saturday and getting all my goodies on it :)

Trafic 140dci
The car handled amazingly! imo. and you can take the corners much harder than me. Might go again feb 24 if your up for it?
Possibly! If most of the cup parts are gone then yes, but if i've sh*t out and no one has bought anything, i'll be skint :p lol. Will you have the matched inlets on by then to test ;)

Trafic 140dci
Don't tempt me, need to get the cup sold first so if i do alright on that, and Tax rebate in april is alright (self employed FTW.) We will then see :) but doubt it, need to buy a house really!

Trafic 140dci
Just thought you should all know... Just had a text from the bloke who bought the shell to this cup, it's been rebuilt and will be at Cadwell on the 28th :) At least it didn't end up at the scrap yard :)

Sounds good news about the old one and he's turned that round quickly! :)

I meant to say the other day, I saw your car at Matt's on Monday morning when I dropped mine back off and it was looking pretty damn sweet :) I have a lot of love for it mate! Keep up the good work :cool:

Trafic 140dci
Sounds good news about the old one and he's turned that round quickly! :)

I meant to say the other day, I saw your car at Matt's on Monday morning when I dropped mine back off and it was looking pretty damn sweet :) I have a lot of love for it mate! Keep up the good work :cool:
Yeah it was he only collected it a couple of weeks ago lol. Thanks mate, can't wait to get it back :D