ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My ITB'd 172 cup fast road/ track car project

ph1 172
WOW! What an improvement Lewis:)

Good power there. As said much better than your last rr, and I just found out yesterday that my first? lambda sensor is kaput so is running very rich and has been for ages! So my last rolling road graph is pointless too now!

Can't wait to see it on the track. When is your next track day? Definitely 21st Jan? I might pop over if I am free

Trafic 140dci
WOW! What an improvement Lewis:)

Good power there. As said much better than your last rr, and I just found out yesterday that my first? lambda sensor is kaput so is running very rich and has been for ages! So my last rolling road graph is pointless too now!

Can't wait to see it on the track. When is your next track day? Definitely 21st Jan? I might pop over if I am free

Thanks mate :) Really!? Your car done well for a relatively standard car! You'll have to let me know what difference it makes once it's sorted, must be a healthy an engine :)

It will be if the weather is ok, I'm not going if it's raining or snowing, don't mind abit damp, that will dry out :)

ph1 172
It won't go back on the rollers till something is done to the engine. Maybe a set of cams towards the end of the year but we will see.

Well fingers crossed for the weather then! I will try and drop you a PM on the Friday before to see if you are going and will see you up there. Not to drive though:(

Trafic 140dci
It won't go back on the rollers till something is done to the engine. Maybe a set of cams towards the end of the year but we will see.

Well fingers crossed for the weather then! I will try and drop you a PM on the Friday before to see if you are going and will see you up there. Not to drive though:(
That's fair enough but you should hopefully see the difference driving it? No worries mate :) ahh why not? Those Sach's are made for the track! Btw if your ast top mount's are anything like the pure motorsport top mount, you'll notice the difference in your steering wheel!

ph1 172
I might do a track day during the year but need to get everything setup to how I want it first. Might get the Sachs unpinned so I can adjust them and in terms of the steering feel I hope it is going to be tight as it has new everything basically on the front! Want to get some 15's aswell so I can stick some sticky rubber on the car for the summer and that way it will be ready for a track day;)

Trafic 140dci
Good mapping is worth more than bodies LOL

I think i'm gonna skip the cams for this year after seeing this - got better things to spend the money on (like 888's and a week at the ring!)
I wanna goto the ring this year, want a cage first tho... Speaking of spending money just paid for the second most expensive thing on my car....

6667755859_f69d78e226_b.jpg

Satin Black 2118's with Brand new A048's :) (thanks Nick!) expensive but a very good price, going to get the "Speedline Corse' stickers in blue to make them a bit more personalised.

The white on the rims is tyre soap before anyone says they are curbed!

So i'm now a sheep lol

My pro race 1.2's will be for sale as of the weekend, mint condition, Uniroyal Rainsport 2 tyres all with 5mm, so PM me if interested.

Trafic 140dci
where did you get the odyssey race battery from mate,did you buy a relocation kit as well.
Got the battery second hand on here less than a year old, if you get one they aren't brilliant for holding charge, i keep mine wired up to a trickle charger when I'm not using my car. But i have the pc680 i think, plus it doesn't help that sometimes my car goes week's without starting, the extreme 25 is meant to be a bit better.

As for relocation kit, you need about 3-4metre's of possitive cable, a Fuse holder with a 150-200anl fuse, a joining box for the cable's, and that's about it, i just reused the standard earth cable on my new battery :)

This might help you with regard's to battery and relocation:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...se-shopping-list&highlight=battery+relocation

Last edited:
  Trafic 140dci
Wheels + Speedline Corse stickers arrived today so couldn't get them on the car quick enough :D

Here are the pictures.

6684737005_db9f26412c_b.jpg

Before.

6684740743_ef5e1936d9_b.jpg

After, and slightly higher on the thicker tyres, so my 182 manifold doesn't scrape my drive now... Bonus!! Ask DannyR it's a bit of a bump up lol.

6684742609_e094e9683d_b.jpg

6684745361_996fae94cf_b.jpg

6684747459_b14bec12fb_b.jpg

6684749977_230a562c5a_b.jpg

6684752137_9494be29ab_b.jpg

Really need to get some spacers on it now, these are ET43 so slightly smaller track now.

Now starting a thread for the TD 1.2's if anyone is interested!

Trafic 140dci
Liking those Lewis! You been for a blast yet with the 48's?
Thanks, car is filthy and tyres/rims have tyre soap all over them!! lol need some better photo's :)

Yeah brand new not even scrubbed in, in the damp and they are fine, cant wait to get them scrubbed in and take it out in the dry!! :D

The car and wheels look great Lewis, I'd be interested to see how you get on with the A048's as I've heard great things about them :) If they're anything like the R888's then I find they are great in dry, damp and wet but you put them near standing water and your in for a scary ride! lol

Trafic 140dci
The car and wheels look great Lewis, I'd be interested to see how you get on with the A048's as I've heard great things about them :) If they're anything like the R888's then I find they are great in dry, damp and wet but you put them near standing water and your in for a scary ride! lol
I've been told they are basically the same as what you just said lol I can't really compare them to R888's as i've never used R888's before.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Just go careful with those tyres on the road,I think that when they start to get say a third worn they are not so cleaver in damper conditions

ITB 428 Ph1
I'm glad you got all your snagging sorted, car looks great and made really good power. Well done buddy, hopefully bump into you soon if a meet comes up locally.

Trafic 140dci
Thanks guys :) was round my Dads earlier so had to borrow his SLR camera and get some decent pictures :) i didn't really know how to use it but the pictures look alot better :)

6689424059_79d4987618_b.jpg

6689426963_730f4e57f9_b.jpg

6689430031_ff209d6278_b.jpg

6689433385_e49fcef487_b.jpg

6689436711_9e34ab7159_b.jpg

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
I mean all the fast road driving you have done, you will be used to the car and how it moves around as it is, now it is stripped it will behave differently - a mate found this out when he stripped his bare and smashed his mint Saxo VTS on his first lap at Castle Combe :(

and you believed him?!?!?!?

WORST EXCUSE FOR CRASHING EVER!

I really have heard it all now!

made my day :)

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
You copied me with the blue stickers on the wheels!!!

And did a much better job of applying them though. Mine are all wonky!!!

I have 3 sets of theses wheels... and not one of them has the 'ee' or the 'corse' bits lined properly! I am a doofus

Our cars are very similar!

ae23cfd9.jpg

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Car will act differently when stripped,esp at the back lift off oversteer can catch you out,I find that even small changes to a car can make a big difference on how it preforms and you would be mad not take it a bit easy for a few laps first.

Trafic 140dci
Car will act differently when stripped,esp at the back lift off oversteer can catch you out,I find that even small changes to a car can make a big difference on how it preforms and you would be mad not take it a bit easy for a few laps first.
This basically, i'd never do anything to my car and then drive it like an idiot, i'd like to think i'm a very careful driver.

Porkie, there was me thinking i was the first to have blue speedline stickers! Trying to be different and someone has already done it lol then again your car looks alot minter than mine :)

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Its pretty shiny... for a reserve reserve back up track car that it actually is. Its got ATpower ITB's and a Gripper diff and AST's and all set up handling wise by Mark Fish. Was awesome on track... but was strangely never that quick in straight line. Engine was knackered on one cylinder it turns out.

Having a proper engine built now with high comp pistons, steel rods, cams, ph1 head etc etc... looking forward to getting it back!

80397665.jpg

a18bcd86.jpg

edc2022d.jpg

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
No thats a Reserve FOR the back up :)

The back up is a Lotus ExigeS!

The main one... is pretty er 'Nippy' Thats Tonys head on the left!
http://youtu.be/kvZtFUJHFV0

You are welcome to have a drive of my Clio. Its wicked. I LOVE it!!! comes to every event I do and gets hammered around by everyone all day long! Would be cool to get some pics of mine and yours together!

Twins :)

Trafic 140dci
No thats a Reserve FOR the back up :)

The back up is a Lotus ExigeS!

The main one... is pretty er 'Nippy' Thats Tonys head on the left!
http://youtu.be/kvZtFUJHFV0

You are welcome to have a drive of my Clio. Its wicked. I LOVE it!!! comes to every event I do and gets hammered around by everyone all day long! Would be cool to get some pics of mine and yours together!

Twins :)
Wow thats awesome! Some nice cars you have! I may have to take you up on that offer would be good to see how mine is to drive against another Track setup Cup :)

Thanks

Lewis