ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

if you were me..........................

have a clio 16v, mods include;

16" superTs

tints

coilovers

decent stereo

HP stage 1 chip

modified air box,piperX filter

mongoose full sytem, De-cat

all i can think of at mo. but my question is;

how would you spend £1500-£2000?

not into this DIY stuff when it comes to engine work so bear in mind labour cost, an thinking along the lines of BB performance tuning stage 2(cams, head work etc.) with a supersprint manifold.

any ideas????????????

ive always thought cams on a valver might be a little silly. im not speaking from any experience of driving one with cams, but dont you think its a bit top endy already?

how about a weld in roll cage? then cover it in alcantara like in a noble.

really thinking along the lines of engine work at the mo TBH, but i like that top end pull, makes it progressive and easier to control, my mates golf g60(8v supercharged) spins everywhere

I would always spend my money first on brakes and suspension. Id also be tempted to do what Steve said, a rollcage by Safety Devices maybe, remove the rear seats, get some really wicked front seats and get it retrimmed in that bentley diagonal shaped leather, nice!

have Tar-ox forty grooves and coilovers so brakes and suspension is sorted!! budgeted for bigger brakes and strut brac anyhow. come on peeps!! i want names, numbers contacts, deals etc!!

ah, now youve got me there, maybe someone near you who builds fibreglass/carbon race car parts? ive often thought of geting some of this kind of stuff done, i nearly got a kevlar bonnet for my old pulsar, but i broke the car before i got the chance to mod it:(

i think he probably just means stripping of soundproofing.

Could get cams and pulleys from k-tec. Prima racing could go mental on your engine..its just how much money you want to spend on it i guess.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

If I were you..

I would give the 2000 quid to _KDF :D for his snowboarding holiday

Sorry for drifting topic clean...

Have you considered NOS at all? For that you could get urself a decent progressive set up and afford the extra on insurance.

Then you would still have the same car caracteristics as now but move oomphf just when you want to play Getaway.

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Me Id take the engine out and flog it !! THEN GET A WILLY LUMP PUT IN OR
HAVE THE 2.0 LITRE BOTTOM END OFF A MEGANE FITTED WITH 16V FAST ROAD CAMS AND GET YOUR HEAD PORTED POLISHED !!
fAILING THAT. Wait till nicks turbo is done and help me nick it !!

clio 20v

geting a williams engine isnt exactly easy and clean16vs car has only 25k on it so theres not much point in a higher milage one

id go headwork and cams mate thats the nxt logical step in tuning unless u want to start ripping the lump to bits and lightning an balancing e.t.c

i looked into it a while back your talking 1500 quid for head an cams from hillpower or BB

adi

Get a 1.9D crank from scrappy for 40quid, get it lightened and balanced, then get some williams pistons, second hand or from Renault. Should be able to get it rebuilt as a 2.0l with the leftover money and get a Hill Power chip to run it.

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Well i STILL WOULDNT GET HEAD AND CAMS DONE ON A 16V !!!!!! Mind you I aint got valver. But still !!
fOOK ALL THAT GET A 2.0 LUMP. YOUR MORE LIKELY TO FIND A LOW MILAGE WILLY LUMP, THAN A HIGH MILAGE ONE.
Too many people get head & cam work done on 16v and then want the 2.0 litre.

BMW 320d Sport

As someone whos been down that route with head and cam work etc, OK its a nice slab of torque you get and much more fun, but 2.0 is the way forward if youre staying normally aspirated. If you dont like the sound of buying a random Megane block from a scrappy and bolting it all up, then Im sure any of the usual tuners will take £1500 out of your hands to rework the bottom end of your F7P to F7R spec. Only thing is, youve still got the standard 1.8 head. But then you could always put some 285 cams in it later.