ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'm about to throw the car battery through the windscreen!

BG 182
Hi,

Car (182) has been off the road for about 4 months, didn't disconnect the battery, managed to bump start it but after 30mins of driving it still wouldn't start.

Bought a new battery, but I can't disconnect the old one without the alarm going off.

I also can't lock/unlock the car on the keyfob as the battery is so flat.

I can open the car and bonnet without the alarm going off, but disconnect the negative and the alarm goes off.

How do I change the battery without annoying half the street?

Thanks!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just change it with the alarm going off? Or connect them both up, the remove the old one?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I had this with a flat battery, you'll just have to put the new one on, close the bonnet and doors,
then press the keyfob to reset the alarm, you and your neighbours will just have to put up with the alarm going off for a few minutes.

BG 182
All sorted.

I ended up setting the alarm off again when I was loosening the clamps to get ready for a quick change over.

Had to put up with about 30 seconds to a minute of noise.

Does the alarm have its own battery supply or something?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
From memory, Thatcham Cat1 approved alarms have to continue sounding even when the cars battery has been disconnected. Part of the criteria of becoming Thatcham approved iirc.

1.2 16v clio
just annoy your neighbours like they do to you lol its during the day so they have no right to complain just be as quick as possible

2002 Clio Cup
There's a single fuse on the cluster near the battery terminal, take that out and the siren stops, did on mine anyway. I'm looking for a service to completely bypass the alarm and immobiliser as its no longer used on the road. Asked Renault but they said they can't help. Frustrating as he'll!!!