ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'm all legal :)

after having £90's worth of fines for number plate offences in the past year, i decided to get a new plate, and just go for legal to save the hassle/expense -its shorter than previous one but a bit taller, and bigger standard sized letters.

IMG_0350.JPG

front is FULLY legal and has all the appropriate markings (BS AU 145d) and the makers name/postcode
IMG_0349.JPG

back one i chopped the BS code off.. but its standard legal dimensions etc and it does conform to the BS, ive kept the offcut with the BS on anyway. lol but its the frotn one the'd be querying as its cut down to the legal limit.

IMG_0347.JPG

Ad

MK2 FRS
Wheres the old plate gone??? (the one on the 182?)

look good and better than the hassle like you say. Need to get that V painted black.

sold it on ebay! it was just too illegal and would have been so much hassle, this ones all perfectly legal so if i get stopped, i'll tell him to get his tape measure out. lol

ads, if i sprayed the front black, id have to get black windscreen surround, black wheels, black filler cap, etc and just dont wanna mess with the exterior!

plus ive done the whole blue/black thing with the clio having dark wheels..

and i actually quite like the silver/blue contrast :)

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
ive never had any probs with mine, and its been on 10 cars

Last edited:

Ad

MK2 FRS
Guy said:
sold it on ebay! it was just too illegal and would have been so much hassle, this ones all perfectly legal so if i get stopped, i'll tell him to get his tape measure out. lol

ads, if i sprayed the front black, id have to get black windscreen surround, black wheels, black filler cap, etc and just dont wanna mess with the exterior!

plus ive done the whole blue/black thing with the clio having dark wheels..

and i actually quite like the silver/blue contrast :)

yeah can see your point, i have more black than silver. Thinking about it the other one, was highly illegal. lol.

Ive just gone to a 3/4 plate, so will see how long it lasts.. lol.

i got the plates made at halfords.. i had the front one made far over to the right, so i could cut it down and keep both the makers name, and the BS print.

the back one i had made normally but decided to cut it down a bit anyway, but forgot about the BS on the right so ended up chopping it off.

i measured them up and went to my mates bodyshop who also do graphics and signs, asked them if theyd cut them down on a machien and they said just cut it with a hacksaw, use a sanding block, and gave me a few sheets of different grade sand paper to smoth it off. so i did :)

''Happy 16th, Guy. What you doing this weekend''

huh? im at some girls house on saturday cos her parents are away, and then im at work on sunday.

jon - depends where you live i suppose.. coppers round here are c***s and probably jealous. plus theyre having a big clamp down on number plate offences apparantly.. yet they seem to let the worse culprits away.

the day before i got fined for having the 3/4 original plate.. i did order one from fancy plates in 350x84 (smaller than 3/4 size) saying X31 GUY to try and get away with it.. but that hhasnt even arrived yet and doubt i'll use it.

maybe keep it for foff road/show use.

Mondeo STTDCI
Best answer I ever saw from an illegal plate was a BMW X5. He has the older style black and silver plates on it. The offence was pointed out to him at which point he popped the boot, got legal plates out and popped them on with velcro in under 30 seconds.

Ad

MK2 FRS
^^ lol.

Went out in a tubby TMS2 with nitrons last nite. It was in the wet, but was a fooking rocket.

Dave said:
Best answer I ever saw from an illegal plate was a BMW X5. He has the older style black and silver plates on it. The offence was pointed out to him at which point he popped the boot, got legal plates out and popped them on with velcro in under 30 seconds.
Good job you're not an American cop, you'd have probably had to shoot him at that point. Could be getting anything outta there.