ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard sized clean number plates

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I've currently got a 3/4 plate on my ph1 which came with the car when i bought it, however i want to put a standard sized one on.

I want it legal sized and lettered (?) but does it need to contain the bs number? I thought about going down Halfords and getting them made but im led to believe they say Halfords on the bottom of the plate iirc and i was unsure if i could have just a clean plate made up or whether they contain bs or/and maker logo.

I know people recommend Fancy Plates but i emailed them with no reply asking the above questions.

VW ID.3
By law you need the british standard mark on them and a postcode of where they were made, but if the plates have the standard font and spacing you wouldn't have a problem, I used to have some clean plates like that on my megane and didn't have any trouble.

Many.
Halfords plates do indeed say Halfords on the bottom, plus the BSAU marks.

You can sometimes find makers that will do standard plates clean, as per I've fitted on my cars, however the place I got mine from have now gone.

Fancyplates will do them without makers marks etc if you select show plates.

ge9e9u5a.jpg

Mine from fancyplates .

Full size, normal spacing, bs stamp but no manufactured postcode or details

Mark, to be legal "technically" they need the plate makers name / postcode and BS45 mark on them.

This can be in tiny font at the bottom, but it should be there.

Got some from eBay. Turned out perfect.