ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immaculate MK1 172 at local garage How much should i pay?

PH1 V6
Ok so im looking at getting my first 172.

I have a garage local to me who are selling a MINT 172 mk1 with 55k on the clock, full service history, cambelt and new discs and pads all round only 500 miles ago along with lots of other things and a full service yesterday.

It has all the paperwork to prove it and it really is a lovely car inside and out... has a couple of minor marks but very good condition for its age.

Now this is the thing... the garage are asking £3650 for it! do you think this is too much? i would part exchange my current clio and they will give me 3k for mine which isnt bad.

Question is guys... how much should i be paying?

And i know privately you can pick up cheaper but please bare in mind this is a dealer (they have to make a profit etc) and it will come with a 6month warranty too.

Your thoughts would be greatly recieved

If it's a complete minter i'd give 3k for it all day long. What reg is it etc ? Does it have the alloy bonnet ? Is it silver ?

PH1 V6
its silver, im not sure about the bonnet would have to check. and its year 2000.

It is very tidy no doubt

PH1 V6
oh and it drives nicely. doesnt pull either way and sits true. pulls well through everygear and no flat spots

Whats the steering wheel like ? They are awul as they get worn out easily. A new one is not cheap !

PH1 V6
yeah the steering wheel is worn!!! but i wouldnt care too much about that to be honest and i know a place you can get them refurbished for not alot

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Do it, if you like it and have £600 ish to put to then why not - take the money and bob half of it down (£300) and say what do you think peeps? ;)

At the end of the day they'll want a few quid over doing a straight swap or its not worth their time - what car are you trading in spec/condition wise? Is it worth more than 3k in reality?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
if they are going to give you £3k against a car worth up for £3650 chances are your car is probably going to get put up for £4k

There is a minter on here, if you join up you will probably see it in the forsale section, for similar money but only has around 30k on IIRC

Titanium 182
LOL at that price, mine is a minter bought it on 59k just needs a new steering wheel

£2k I paid.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Garage local to me has a Titanium Ph1 for sale at £2750. I don't know the details, but it looks in very good condition. It's been there for at least three weeks at that price and it was £3250 for a week or so before that, if that's some indication for you. I have to look at it every time I go to work, really isn't fair.

Renaultsport Clio 172 ph1
yeah the steering wheel is worn!!! but i wouldnt care too much about that to be honest and i know a place you can get them refurbished for not alot

Care to elaborate? Cheapest i've seen it done for is £100 from Mikey in Ireland. Where can you get yours done for and for how much please?

320d
Garage local to me has a Titanium Ph1 for sale at £2750. I don't know the details, but it looks in very good condition. It's been there for at least three weeks at that price and it was £3250 for a week or so before that, if that's some indication for you. I have to look at it every time I go to work, really isn't fair.

Get it bought Ian. You know you want to.

PH1 V6
Guys good news... i went today and have bought the car!!!! im so exctited haha

I got them down to £3200 as i pointed out just a couple of minor dinks in paintwork and told them i would go and see another one i had seen locally for less money.

I am trading in my 1.6 clio dnyamique against this. i will pick it up on saturday. payed deposit today but very chuffed :)

Seems like quite a lot.

I paid 2k for my Ph1 and although its not totally mint (as in showroom condition)and has higher mileage, its still in very good nick with a lot of history etc.

Care to elaborate? Cheapest i've seen it done for is £100 from Mikey in Ireland. Where can you get yours done for and for how much please?
That is a good price, I got mine from him & can't fault it. Most other places (if they'll do it) would charge about the same.

Guys good news... i went today and have bought the car!!!! im so exctited haha

I got them down to £3200 as i pointed out just a couple of minor dinks in paintwork and told them i would go and see another one i had seen locally for less money.

I am trading in my 1.6 clio dnyamique against this. i will pick it up on saturday. payed deposit today but very chuffed :)
Good stuff, how much was your car worth though ?

PH1 V6
well.... this is the thing.

I bought the car (my current car) for 4k from a Renault Dealer 9 months ago. I have done 14k miles since. The car has a chipped windscreen and the rear of the car was vandalised and dented and needs a new rear panel (boot lid). Im TPFT so couldnt claim for any of it on insurance so the price they where giving me for my car was very reasonable i thought which is why i snapped the offer up.

Cant wait.... i pick the 172 up at 12 noon tomorrow :) just sorted the insurance too, quite expensive but well worth it

BMW E46 330i Touring
I sold my near-mint ph1 with 70k on the clock over 2 years ago for £3500.

Dunno how prices have fallen since, but that seems a little high. However, a decent warranty is invaluable and you'll always pay more at a garage...

BMW E46 330i Touring
Aaaaaand I've just read above. Considering the condition of your car it seems not too bad a deal.