ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

increase clio performance

1.2 renault clio mk2
i have a mk2 1.2 clio and will be putting it on the road shortly, i have fitted it with k&n and clio sport back box and want to increase its performance but i have a tight budget, what could in do to the car??????? please any help :D kye

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
strip it out! only real way to make 1.2s faster!

dont bother spending money on performance mods! youll get such a pathetic upgrade you wont even notice it!

save for a faster car!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Welcome to the forum. Like others have said. Save for a faster car. It's pointless trying to squeeze power out a 1.2 in my opinion. I liked my 1.2 purely for the money it cost to run to get from A-B

1.2 renault clio mk2
thanks guys, i am in the middle for saving for a faster car but its my first car and i had it for a cheap price so i was just wondering if there was any little bits i could do but going buy your replys 1.2's are s**t for moding and tuning haha, thanks for the good advice

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Close the sunroof to make it go faster. Or leave it up to add downforce for the twisties. Think of it as a spoiler with DRS.

Just drive it. Put some decent tyres on if you're going to do anything.

Vectra
I personally wouldn't waste the money, Sounds boring but save the money up get the insurance down and get a better car.

the only way to get power out of a 1.2 is to get a better power/weight ratio... basically strip it :L so get rid of back seats door cards etc, but don't touch the engine or anything.. wont go faster :p

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
i have a mk2 1.2 clio and will be putting it on the road shortly, i have fitted it with k&n and clio sport back box and want to increase its performance but i have a tight budget, what could in do to the car??????? please any help :D kye

What is one of these?

R35 GTR
This is like de ja vu! I would do brakes, suspension and tuition on a track day. A 1.2 in the right hands could be quicker than a 182 in the wrong hands.

Iceberg 172
If its only a 1.2 it's pointless spending x amount on performance, your better off going for the slow & low look until you can afford either a 172 or 182