ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inferno Got Low

S4 Avant
Managed to get time to lower the front of the car today, spent a bit of time playing with ride height, and eventually found a height that I could still get out of my lane with :approve:

Apologies for the worlds worst phone pictures, I'll update at the weekend after it's had a wash.

Photo-0135_1.jpg

Photo-0137_1.jpg

and one for the dirtiest car competition '09:

Photo-0139_1.jpg

S4 Avant
Thanks, not sure whether the back needs to come up or not, I'll wait till I've got new tyres on the front first though.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thanks Dan, did you sort your coilies?

Not yet. Been doing 13 hour days this week and it turns out i've wasted £155 on a trackday that I can't go to so tbh i've lost motivation.

I've parked it up in the corner and can't even bring myself to look at it! lol.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
clio1.jpg

Low + Practical is the only way to go! Simular ride hights too! Think yours is a tad lower on the front though.

S4 Avant
Have you been in another car with decent coilovers? you'd be amazed tbh!

Your car looks well though! :)

I have been in many cars with coilovers, I'm not too sure why everyone slates Gaz! I've spent 2 weeks adjusting the damping every night to get the balance between springy and crashy just right, they're great now!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Yeh dave, Tyres are 194/45/16 proxies. Deffo getting some PE2's though.

Gaz, Shat it:rasp:. Anything is an improvement over the standard items. Even my £350 ktec beamers are levels above reno's efforts!

S4 Avant
Looking good.

Now it just needs to get colour change ;)

Oh and silver wheels.

I'm sorry, am I not bleeting enough for you? :rasp:

Yeh dave, Tyres are 194/45/16 proxies. Deffo getting some PE2's though.

Gaz, Shat it:rasp:. Anything is an improvement over the standard items. Even my £350 ktec beamers are levels above reno's efforts!

Paradas, that's where it's at!

Standard suspension is underated imo though, you can't really go wrong with it, where as with coilovers, if you get the damping wrong, they can ruin a good ride, or bounce you right off the road.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
The standard stuff is good. I've sourced some H&R's but they are sat in the shed at the mo as i'm loving the cup/proline combo. Nice and supple for the B roads......... All i know is when i had Gaz they ruied my first cup.. Had them all hights/settings. I found them super unrifined and NOISY. Binned for some German stuff, normal service resumed :)

S4 Avant
I think Gaz have revised the dampers, I replaced the rear dampers after getting them fitted, and the old ones that came off were slightly different to the new ones.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
looks real nice that dude , i still love that car . just wants a splitter on now to finish it of

oh and some mirror tints ;)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
looking good but i still say the back should be a tiny bit lower :)

oh and get it washed you pikey!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Great height. I've raised mine a tad over the years, since it used to be virtually undrivable.

Now.

DSC_0003-8.jpg

S4 Avant
looking good but i still say the back should be a tiny bit lower :)

oh and get it washed you pikey!

Haha, back has been lifted a tad, it looked stupid before.

There's still another 105mm to wind down at the front though!

Mines 15" his is 16"

I was in your area the other week when I went to Birchdown, shame I didn't spot you around!

Great height. I've raised mine a tad over the years, since it used to be virtually undrivable.

Now.

Very nice indeed

I prefer this colour scheme though :rasp:
Negative.jpg

Lookin' good !

Gaz = win. Parada's = win.

You sir, know what you are talking about!