ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inferno on Rota's

Finally got the Rota Grid Drift's fitted the other day! :D This is the first photo.

14198079941_f78b15e3df_c.jpg

Now I've got to decide what colour to paint them. Originally I was thinking a gunmetal grey / anthracite colour but I've had a lot of people telling me they look good white.

I've done a quick photoshop of the kind of colour I'm after but I can't seem to get the wheels looking metalic, they're almost matte :/

14014733389_1eb92d6423_c.jpg

If anyone with better PS skills would mind having a go, I'd appreciate it (or any other colour that might look good lol) :)

The wheels could do with a refurb at some point anyway as there are a few kerb marks.

ThomasBrentnall Tomo172

As said already on instagra, inferno + white wheels = hero!

Looks good, we need some photos soon!

Heh cheers mate. Yeah now the weather is a lot nicer we will have to go and take some! :)

I agree, going anthracite is too jdm imo

Okay maybe not anthracite, that might be a bit dark. You seem to loose all the detail of the wheels when they're a dark colour.

Something like @seabass859 's refurbished ones would be nice -

58E4DCE3-8667-479C-99AD-C35243B7F851_zps7fdbyt4w.gif

(sorry for stealing your photo!)

Ph1
Nice to be different but not a fan of Jap look wheels on a Clio. Just the wrong scene. Same as the dub euro look.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
They do look good in white but I think you need some other details to complement it, such as white detailing on the 2.0 16v lettering.

They do look good in white but I think you need some other details to complement it, such as white detailing on the 2.0 16v lettering.

Yeah that's a good idea. I had white lettering on my old bullets and that looked nice.

Not a fan of that at all. Looked great on turinis.

Nice to be different but not a fan of Jap look wheels on a Clio. Just the wrong scene. Same as the dub euro look.

thabks for the comments guys. I knew it wouldn't be to everyone's taste but I just fancied something a bit different.

Here's an attempt at anthracite

1DF5513D-A800-493F-9416-AA816A22C1AB_zpstkh7vyer.jpg

Thanks for the photoshop mate :) looks good with a light grey colour :)

What's the spec on these? I'm after new wheels but they look like they'd be too wide for me

I think they're 16x8 et0. Someone else will confirm I'm sure. They are very wide though mate, I think they'd stick out of the non sport front arches too much.

TT QS
I think they're 16x8 et0. Someone else will confirm I'm sure. They are very wide though mate, I think they'd stick out of the non sport front arches too much.

I think anything wider than 7 on a non sport is a no go really. I think I'll go with the 15x7. Probably end up with team dynamics though lol

The specs of wheels are 16X8 ET10, after seeing the wheels in different colours still think you should keep them white, maybe go abit lower as well :p

PH1 loads of boost!
Anyone else think they look dog sheet? Wide small wheels just don't suit Clio's. IMO of course.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Ah I thought it was you I saw the other day! They look smart makes the car really stand out

Ah I thought it was you I saw the other day! They look smart makes the car really stand out

Thanks mate :) didn't spot you!

I think they look totally wrong!

But as long as you're happy

Not a fan at all!

Anyone else think they look dog sheet? Wide small wheels just don't suit Clio's. IMO of course.

Not a fan...

Ooh tough crowd! can I not persuade you with a few different angles? ;)

14214610196_030d978044_c.jpg

14051109139_c4dfa1afde_c.jpg

Sadly I agree, there's just something about them (I think they have too much dish on the spokes for a 16" wheel and it makes them look odd), and they stick a little too far out the arches.

Other than that the car looks extremely tidy - this was AUTOCRASH's old one wasn't it? He did my spoiler and I had a nose of his car, and it was top notch.

I knew they wouldn't be to everyone's taste and as I can tell they're are definetly a marmite wheel.

I fancied something different to the norm and went with it. I've still got my Turini's on the back garden in case I get bored of the Rota's, but for now they're staying :)

No - the wheels remind me of the lids from one of these...

Haha cheers mate! xD