ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

INFO: Dastek Chips

Integra DC5 Type R

UPDATE: ALSO POSTED IN ECU & VVT Thread, but thought it might be of general interest

I have heard from Dastek UK in Dalgety Bay in Fife. Stuart has provided me with a list of variables which can be altered by a Unichip. This includes "control variable valve timing", amongst an exhaustive list of others.

Price is: "The Unichip costs £245 + Mapping (the mapping charge varies from dealer to dealer - due to varying overheads, rolling road rates etc, as well as the different time to map each individual car, & any extras you may want added, such as Water injection, N20, Boost control etc..)"

Please PM if you would like the full list of alterations that can be made.

I was gonna go for a Group N, but this looks much better, for not much difference in price...

Clio 172 Ph2

Yeah they do a nice little booklet explaining all the features. I picked a few up when I had mine done at Millway Racing.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

dastek fully fitted and mapped is usually between £450 and £500 notes! I want one! its mapped every 400rpm, and probably the best chip u can get unless u go full management!

Rick,

i beleive its something to do with the way dastek usually map thier chips and how the 172 engine makes its power. Its something like majority of dastek fitters map under the assumption max power occurs at max revs wheras the 172 engine (unusually) doesnt and in some cases this incorrect engine map leads to pre-detonation and cracked pistons. As long as you get a fitter who knows about this charactistic of the 172 block you should be ok.....sounds a bit risky though!

Dont quote me on this but its something along these lines - someone else will clarify no doubt!

everyone that i know of that has had a unichip has had no problems at all. none had any problems with engine failure or reliability and all of them saw good increases in power and drivability. think it must have been mapped totally incorrectly as u33db says

Integra DC5 Type R

u33db, cheers. but it aint unusual for max power to occur at max revs. it is more often that max power occurs below... i.e. in the 172 its "172" @ 6250 and in my Saxo VTS it was 120 @ 6500... pretty dangerous assumption to make then eh!!!

but i suppose if you talk to them first, then this could be resolved????

I wanted one on my 1.8 16v turbo engine, but I was told that it wouldnt be any good because my engine was past the variables of the Dastek limits. So I have now been looking at Emeralled ECUs, Omega, and even Cossie management with a Armed Bajou chip(Spelling!!)

What do you recon.