ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Info required??????????? 172 service.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Right it`s time for a service, 12k or 2 years.
Renault want £250 to basically change oil!!!!
Local independant will do full sevice , pollen filter, bleed brakes/ change fluid
etc etc for £180. All genuine renault parts.

??? whats this about you can take your car anywhere so long as they use all genuine parts, not invalidating warranty.

Where are you?

Ive just booked mine into mill lane renault aldershot and they quoted me £198 all in for my 182.

1998 BMW e46 323i
My understanding of services and warranties is that you have your service done at a main stealer, but say do not do anything else, then pop over to the indie who does any other work needed, with your warranty intact.

First service should be around 180-200 notes. My 36k on my 172 mkII on friday was supposed to cost 360! My mate is head of workshop though, so sorted some discount on parts and labour - still costs though

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
your warrenty is intake as long as you use genuine renault parts which we do....

still please do check with someone like "which" as this has come up before.

Andy

I checked this with Renault UK (email them from there website).

As long as you buy Renault parts (keep receipts) and get your service done at a VAT registered garage (get them to stamp your book and keep receipts) your warrenty with Renault is OK.

I have done this cost approx £40 for parts and oil and £80 for service which saved me £140 on the price the dealer quoted!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Renault Leics quoted £250 on the phone.

??? whats the best oil??

Always used to use VW synta gold fully synth.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Right got price down to £220 inc pollen filter at MAIN agent.

What do you think?????????????????

smiles said:
Where are you?

Ive just booked mine into mill lane renault aldershot and they quoted me £198 all in for my 182.

I just booked mine in at the same place, £163 with me supplying my own oil.

Should be about £150 for 12K. I also had my 24K/4yr done at the main dealer even though it was out of warranty by then. When I subsequently needed a new gearbox Renault UK paid for virtually all of it, mainly because I'd stuck with dealer servicing. So you could view the extra cost as a bit of an extended warranty...

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Right it`s going to Renault Notts in the morning.
£220 inc pollen filter (normally £40 extra)
Seems mids area is expensive to have servicing done, no bottom line according to Renault UK.
£220 seems a lot better than £250 + Pollen Filter

182 Cup/GT3/RS4/Mini!
What is the actual official requirments of the servicing anyway - isn't the 12k service simply an oil/filter change and air filter change. Even £150 is pretty dear for that!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Oil, filter, air filter,check ecu for fault codes, check levels, check brakes etc.

Not a lot for £220, £35 of which is oil!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Got car back seems good.
Renault are going to replace center section exhaust (baffles rotten), do modification to top of strut mounts(knocking sound on pulling off sharpish), remove and replace suspension parts all under warranty.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

53 plate 172
mine is for it's first service right now (2 years), only done 7K miles. Just phoned me to say pollen filter is due for changing, is this correct???

I said yes anyway.

RenaultSport 172 Phase 1
Where does the pollen filter go and does this slow down the amount of air the blowers will output into the car, Have to have mine on 3 out of the 4 speeds to really feel any effect

Dave

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
My local AA approved centre charge £130 using genuine Renault parts. It cost me £100 supplying my own oil for my 24k service. They did everything but change the pollen filter which I didn't want doing anyway.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
The service we do inc

Oil Filter Genuine
Silkoline oil
Pollen Filter
80 point car check (with print out)

£126 + VAT

The Silkoline oil alone is £39.99

53 plate 172
If I still have my car in 2 years time I will consider going independent. Any recommendations for the Wrexham/Chester area?

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
its been reported that not using a main dealer does not infact invalidate your warrenty. As long as the independant is VAT registed and uses Genuine parts for the service... inc oil filters and belt kits etc etc.

Andy

p.s. this is my understanding of the matter...

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
Gizmo was trying to get on the sofa while you were at mass. Looked like a stomach with legs trying to climb Mount Everest.