ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance = 172 + 18 year old

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
Just done a search on confused.com and i'm getting quotes of around £6000? i know my mate is insured on his for £4k. Anyone suggest any good companys for insuring how power cars to 18 year olds :p i'd like to pay about 2500 :p

RB 200 Cup!
try adrian flux - they are quite good for quotes. Best bet is to ring cos confused.com came out with some utterly stupid quotes for me - human beings are better than machines! lol

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
do you mind me asking how much yours is...maybe in a pm or something? full comp? on your own, no claims?

bell direct maybe and good luck mate iv been trying to get a 172/182 insured im 19 now, just decided to wait till im 21 next summer, will have 4 years no claims then but its still expensive!

LY 200
I was insured on a valver at 19 through elephant with no nc's discount and just a years driving exp for £1300 so i rekon they could probably meet your £2500 on a 172. Add your parents too, that makes it cheaper.

Jay

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
crazy money for insurance, a year goes so quickly. I paid circa £1200 at 21 when I first had the 172, that was my limit.

Monaro VXR
Do you have any no claims at all? If not good luck in getting any slightly serious quotes dependant on where you live its still around £3000 a year for me with 1yrs ncb and being 22 due to the area i live in an how many miles i do etc.

LY 200
Blimey thats alot woz, im 21, years nc's (no accidents or claims), 3 1/2 years driving exp and its £1100 fc on the 182.

Have you tried Elephant and putting named drivers on the policy??

Iceburg Silver 172
Try elephant, they are the best that I have found.
The trick is to put your parents etc as named drivers, and at your age it may be a good idea to put someone else, like your mum for example, as the the registered keeper of the car.

Monaro VXR
Tried it cheapest i got on a Mk1 172 with value at £4000 tpft was...£2800 thats with my parents on policy 8000 miles a year.

I think its mainly because i live in city centre manchester and the car is parked in the street thats the problem been refused insurance due to it not being parked at my address etc. To which i replied well its a little hard unless the car can somehow fly and park 6 storeys up.

Hence the reason im not driving a clio no more and i seriously miss mine. Now stuck driving my Citroen C4 its a nice car but i miss my clio. and i originally was gonna get a 182 went into dealer got a nice deal etc on it got some insurance quotes and i wasnt willing to pay that much on insurance.

so didnt buy the car. :(

Moving soon though so i might think about treating myself to a 197 in a year or so.

Iceburg Silver 172
JayR said:
Blimey thats alot woz, im 21, years nc's (no accidents or claims), 3 1/2 years driving exp and its £1100 fc on the 182.

Have you tried Elephant and putting named drivers on the policy??

I just turned 21 last week, and my re-newal quote with elephant was £765, with my mum as a named driver on my policy :)

Monaro VXR
see this is the problem with living in one of the worst areas around they like to add massive chunks on the policy if i was living at my parents address it was £1800 FC.

I swear they see bad area and expensive place to live so just start adding numbers to the policy.

LY 200
cyril said:
I just turned 21 last week, and my re-newal quote with elephant was £765, with my mum as a named driver on my policy :)[/QUOT

Thats a good price cyril, im hoping in june when i have 2 years nc's il get summin like that!!!

Monaro VXR
Hmm Wales nah no thanks mate lol.

Just need to sort my finaces out first of all hence why im moving back home with the parents for a bit. Just gonna use what i normally paid in rent for my appartment straight into my credit card. Should hopefully get rid of it in a few months if im dumping £500+ into it a month only way to get rid of it though as the interest etc is getting stupid now.

RB 200 Cup!
i just did a quote on moneysupermarket.com and the cheapest for me (21 2 years NCB) was with Bell for 1155 quid - wtf isd going on there?