ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance For 17 Year Old

Renault Clio Mk2
Just wondering if any young drivers here have got any decent quotes on insurance for a 1.2? I'm 17 and drive a 1.2 05 plate clio, cheapest quote I've got is £1550 tpf&t from Quinn Direct. Anyone got anything cheaper recently? Thanks!

Track 172 Cup
Ring round and use all the online comparison sites might have too install a black box or do some pass plus or driver training might help.

When I was 18 (jeez 10 years ago lol) I bought myself a Golf R32 didn't check inusrance lol £4 grand lighter I was driving it too Germany and took it on the Ring haha.

Renault Clio Mk2
Ring round and use all the online comparison sites might have too install a black box or do some pass plus or driver training might help.

When I was 18 (jeez 10 years ago lol) I bought myself a Golf R32 didn't check inusrance lol £4 grand lighter I was driving it too Germany and took it on the Ring haha.
Really don't want a black box :( I'd rather fork out an extra £400 than be tracked on every single decision I make on the road haha, I'll ring up some of the bigger companies seeing if they can beat my best quote so far! Haha I'd love to own a R32 at my age, I bet I couldn't get insured for even £8K haha

Nimbus 197 Full Fat
Try the comparison sites to I struggled this year to get cheap insurance for my 197 ended up back with 1st central

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Just don't be tempted to give any false details for a cheaper quote. Trust me it's not worth it, insurers are cracking down especially likes of 1St central.
Pay the money drive carefully and get your first years ncb

Comparison sites will probably net you the best price, or try DirectLine (nothing could be beat DirectLine for me when I first passed).

Also, look into pass plus, cost me £60 (got the other £60 reimbursed by local council) and saved me £350 just in the first year.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
WHat i did when i passed at 18 was to be put on my Gf's insureance as a named driver. 6 years later i got my own car, And i used those 6 years Named driver no claims to get my own policy with Direct line, was £330 on my 172 :smile: now its £430 :/

The problem with doing the above is you are stuck with directline, if i leave i will loose all my no claims and best quote is £880 from elephant...

Renault Clio Mk2
Thanks everyone! Will have a look around now I'm back from work and see if I can get a cheaper quote anywhere!:)

Renault Clio Mk2
tried a few of these and they all come up as unable to obtain a quote, and telling me to ring up.. annoying:triumph:
so one more question, is there any insurance companies that are likely to meet or beat any quotes? thanks in advance guys!

Clio 182 - RB
£1550 is good IMO, i was with Insure The Box for my first years insurance and paid best part of £3000 for the year!!

Cheapest i found after Insure The Box was around £5K, absolute joke.

Clio 182
LV were good for me when I was 17..they beat my best quote I had by £300 iirc, go direct to their website...your quote sounds very reasonable though! I paid £2800 for my first 1.2 Clio 4 years ago

Renault Clio Mk2
Thanks guys, I'll probably give them a call soon then and see if the price can be haggled with at all, but after hearing everyone else's opinions, I'm not expecting much cheaper!

Corolla T-Sport
If you're planning on modding at all try admiral. They allow mods at a reasonable price for a young driver. Also look into multi car insurance, I paid £900 as the main driver on my dads policy for the first year, it also still builds up no claims :)

Renault Clio Mk2
If you're planning on modding at all try admiral. They allow mods at a reasonable price for a young driver. Also look into multi car insurance, I paid £900 as the main driver on my dads policy for the first year, it also still builds up no claims :smile:
I read on here earlier that quinn direct don't charge for any mods except engine modifications, although that was dated 2009, would be interesting if anyone has a modified car insured with them and can confirm this?

Corolla T-Sport
I read on here earlier that quinn direct don't charge for any mods except engine modifications, although that was dated 2009, would be interesting if anyone has a modified car insured with them and can confirm this?
A lot of companies won't insure young drivers for mods. Haven't heard about the quinn thing before, worth an investigation.

Renault Clio Mk2
Well if I get my insurance with them I'll ring up and check before I do anything :) would be great if it's true haha