ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Guide

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
So we are are all aware of Green Light along with other insurance companies but im looking for something specific for the Trophy.
Does anyone know of an insurance company that can give me the following items ?

1, Agreed Value
2, Kept Off Road On Private Land @ Different Address
3, Lightly Modified (Exhaust & Induction)
4, Fully Comp For Myself & Wife
5, Drive Any Other Car TPFT

I have just sent Brentacre a E-mail looking for a quote but who else is out there that's decent & hassle free ??
Is there anyone that solely does specific modified insurance with add-ons that will meet all my requirements ??

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I use Lancaster insurance and they cover 1, 4 & 5, can’t see 2 & 3 being a problem But I’ve not asked as don’t need it personally.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I have had all apart from number 1, and insuring your wife, from Chris Knott.

I found a lot of companies got really cranky about keeping the vehicle somewhere else but CK were alright.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

ClioSport Trader
  Renault 5
Hi.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance. We have policies that can cater for all of your points.
With regards to point 5 the majority of insurers will only cover this benefit to a maximum of third party only cover, however we offer an additional extra policy that can offer you an additional accidental damage cover of up to £20,000.
Regards,
Dan.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Hi.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance. We have policies that can cater for all of your points.
With regards to point 5 the majority of insurers will only cover this benefit to a maximum of third party only cover, however we offer an additional extra policy that can offer you an additional accidental damage cover of up to £20,000.
Regards,
Dan.

Dan im already with you but looking for some other things, I have spoke with another two insurance companies.
Your agree'd value is not the best and there is another couple of issues also.

I have spoke with two other insurance companies and one was absolutely outstanding, Will speak with them again depending on what Adrain Flux can offer this year.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
@MarcB who have you spoken too? Pm if you like. My insurance is due and I think 3 years with Sky won't do me any favours. The whole modified car quote is a bloody merry go round I'd rather not waste time on with insurers who aren't competitive.

On a side note, with the cheap 1*2 becoming a rarity done think agreed value is the way to go now?

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Some people recommend A-Plan (Thatcham) - they may or may not meet your needs but could be worth a call in case they can deliver.