ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance on my 172...

I got my renewal quote through from Direct Line this morning and was very please to see it had gone down by almost £200 quid from last year. Even so Ive just phoned a few other companies up to make sure Im getting a good deal. What I dont understand is why my Direct Line quote is so much cheaper than the other quotes Ive got. This is how it works out (bear in mind Im 26, got 3 points on my license and 4 years no claims (with one claim for theft a year ago)):

Direct Line £669.90

Liverpool Victoria £1357.74

Norwich Union £1139.00 (quote me happy?!?!)

Any ideas why there is so much difference?
Plus can anyone recommend someone who might actually be cheaper?

Use e-sure if you have more than 4 yrs n-claims...

i am 29 my Cup is £620 fully comp, i expect it to go down in Dec when i turn 30...

Just luck and you might be in their target age or they have to make quotas..

1.4 S (18 pass pluss)

NU - 1100 FC

Churchill - 1800

Performance Direct - 2800

and it just keeps going up.

Quote: Originally posted by Seedy on 06 August 2003
Use e-sure if you have more than 4 yrs n-claims...i am 29 my Cup is £620 fully comp, i expect it to go down in Dec when i turn 30...

I tried to get a qoute from esure online but it went wrong when I said Id made a claim just over a year ago. Will they still insure even if Ive got points on my license?

I used to be with Direct Line they are good. Tescos were cheaper, but they have put their prices up recently so I wont be renewing with them

320d M Sport

Sooooooooooooooooo many factors determine renewal prices, even down to which person quotes you.

Age, location, mileage, value, occupation, marriage etc etc all make a difference. Renewal rates are supposed to be better than New Business in order to retain customers.

Id bet that if you rung Direct Line and said this:

"Ive been shopping round and got one for £620 [so £50 cheaper], I dont wanna go with Company X as i like your service and would prefer to stay with you, anything you can do? Could u match it?"

theyd probably match it for you, give it a go cos it will work, just dont push your luck cos theyll know youre lying!

Oh, and Sainsburys are cheapest for majority of people at the moment.....

Quote: Originally posted by hype on 06 August 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Seedy on 06 August 2003

Use e-sure if you have more than 4 yrs n-claims...

i am 29 my Cup is £620 fully comp, i expect it to go down in Dec when i turn 30...

I tried to get a qoute from esure online but it went wrong when I said Id made a claim just over a year ago. Will they still insure even if Ive got points on my license?
I tried e-sure for they Golf. Soon as I mentioned GTi they didnt want to know said it was "High risk", yeah right.

Well, Direct Line have some funny ideas bought High Risk cars and people!!!

Ok fair enough im 20 1NCB with a 172 but DL REFUSED to quote me even on a SAXO VTR, I mean COME ON how is that a high risk car?!?!?