ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance question

williams
Hey guys, im a newbie, wasnt planning on buying another williams, but i saw my old one for sale on pistonheads! and cuz couldn't resist!! so this is the second time ive owned this car lol havnt seen it in 6 years! will be buying her on wednesday...

been looking around for insurance quotes, the best price i found was 717 through admiral, which i think is rather expensive considering im 26 years old with 4 years no claims. can anyone recommend a cheaper insurance company ??

Cheers all

Kev

BMW 330CI M SPORT
Admiral was cheapest this year for me on my 172. I'm 25 with 6 years no claims.

If you are handy with the tools try upping your excess to bring the premium down.

clio 182 'full fat'
Admiral were cheapest by far for me too mate, i'm 22 with 3 years no claims for the record, and 717 isnt too bad for your age on a williams aslong as its fully comp that your quoting?

williams
yes mate, thats fully comp, excess was already quiet high, i forgot to mention. It was 496 if i payed a one pff payment, but because im paying direct debit the slap on admin charges. huuumph!!

Admiral will let you pay 50% upfront then the 50% next month of you ask. They don't take interest on it if you do it over 2 payments.

MR2 Mk1.5
Hey guys, im a newbie, wasnt planning on buying another williams, but i saw my old one for sale on pistonheads! and cuz couldn't resist!! so this is the second time ive owned this car lol havnt seen it in 6 years! will be buying her on wednesday...

been looking around for insurance quotes, the best price i found was 717 through admiral, which i think is rather expensive considering im 26 years old with 4 years no claims. can anyone recommend a cheaper insurance company ??

Cheers all

Kev

Hi Kev,

there are a couple of Cliosport Insurance traders, see the traders forum section for details..

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Listerine & Poledo
yes mate, thats fully comp, excess was already quiet high, i forgot to mention. It was 496 if i payed a one pff payment, but because im paying direct debit the slap on admin charges. huuumph!!

Take this quote, buy it on a 0% credit card.

although it does sound high, before sticking the missu on my policy, I was in the £300 area, that was 3 years ago mind

I went with bell and I'm 21 with an r26 and it cost 747 fc with £250 excuse, I found that by adding two named drivers that are above 65 and retired and have a clean lincense took off £400, so try that.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I'll be going with Aviva this year. Over £100 cheaper than Admiral etc.