ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Quote for 172

Just got an insurance quote for a 2002 172. Ok, Im 20, 1 years NCB , driving 20 months, only named driver on a BT47 postcode.

I expected it to be high but i didnt expect 6.6k!!! To add to that the b!tch at the insurance broker lectured me on the dangers of a 20 year old having a group 16 car - She said the dealer would be irresponsible to sell the car to me and basically said I would write it off within the year - cheeky B1tch!!! I forgot to add that I was doing an advanced driving course :)

opionons? Im pissed off that I didnt get her name because her attitude was disgusting

jeff

abso ridiculous! im insured on my 172 cup fully comp, no ncb, claim pending, for under 2k and others have better! Your with the wrong peeps dude, do some shoppin!

I am 21 and got a quote of 1700 ish from Tescos on the 172. Ended up going with the Cooper S which was about 50 quid more expensive.

these guys are a broker for most of the insurance companies who will insure N.Ireland cars. That was the lowest price they could come up with!! NCB not protected - 400quid excess

H22A7 Accord Type R

Jeff, i would have went seriously mental wi a biatch wi an attitud like that!!!!!! its shocking isnt it! who r they to say what we can spend our hard earned on, and who r they to say ppl of our age should have such cars........hell if i had the money, id have a ferrari for the weekend! She probably stuck in a dead end job wi enough money for the bus home!!!!!! Some ppl eh! Moan over, lol, Rob

"Jeff, i would have went seriously mental wi a biatch wi an attitud like that!!!!!! its shocking isnt it! who r they to say what we can spend our hard earned on, and who r they to say ppl of our age should have such cars........hell if i had the money, id have a ferrari for the weekend! She probably stuck in a dead end job wi enough money for the bus home!!!!!! Some ppl eh! Moan over, lol, Rob"

Yeah complete cow mate - I was speaking to a really nice girl at the start but when the quote came up on screen she was a bit shocked and went to get her supervisor! So supervisor b**ch comes on and rants at me!!

I said to her "Hold on a minute, Id be saving 3k on the list price of the car so I can put towards insurance". - And she said " Well thats hardly going to make up for the premium now is it?? " . I said " Umm, considering im paying 2.7k at the moment ( 3rd party insurance i might add ) I think saving 3 grand on the car would help!!!"

Then she says " Yeah but you wouldnt afford it the next year" FFS!!!! How does she know what I can afford??

She has really narked me!!

Silver Fabia vRS

When I was 21 I had my 172 and it was £1400 Fully Comp. That was with 2 yrs NCB.

Now it is £1400 with all my mods and Im 22 with 3 yrs NCB...both with Tesco.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Why get so worked up? Just go somewhere else! If theyre like this when you are offering them new business, god knows how theyd react if you ever needed to make a claim...

H22A7 Accord Type R

OOOOOOOH...........I HATE biach like that!!!!!! so cocky!!!! Un-real innit! what kinda customer servicies advisor type person is she eh!!!!! terrible!!!!!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Have a look at Tesco Jeff theyre usually ok. Online is the way to go these days - brokers are just middlemen - their days are numbered.

S2000

I dont them everyone appreciates how hard it is to get a decent quote when you live in N.Ireland. Youre not a journalist by chance?

I have heard that getting insurance in Ireland is quite expensive. I am 22 with 2 yrs no claims and my 172 costs me £1260 a year to insure with Tesco.

I am about to start modifying it so I suppose it will go up, though with my old clio they wanted no money for a performance exhaust and lowering on springs but did want £170 a year extra for alloys! Do you have to tell them if you stick a ClioSport sticker on the window? - Damn ins. companies!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I am 24 with 4 years NCD, got 7 point on my license from 3 years ago..

Fully Comp on a mk2 172 for £780 from Tescos :D

I am 23yrs old that passed my test in 1996. Have 2yrs NCB and 3points.

I payed £1250 fully comp with Privilege Insurance.

I am 23 with 4 years NCB and I am paying around £800 FC with NCB Protection with Tesco. Got a similar quote with direct line too.

Any ideas on how much your insurance is affected by getting a Viper, Exhaust and Chip ?

TT 225

22 years old, 2 yrs ncb and no points. Group 17/18 car and tpff £769 - oh, in a sh*tty post code too

Thats with Greenlight

Renaultsport Clio 200 Cup

Ha ha, the joys of being an old git... 32yrs old, 7 years NCB - £477 incl named driver fully comp with Tesco.

Sorry kids ;)

Be interested in how much it would go up with declared mods though...

S

silou

we with tesco ,iam 29 and the misses is 26 , fully comp ,9 years ncb.

we pay £480.

try budget insurance or norwhich union direct.. im 26 pay £860 with mods.. i had some silly b**ch like that a while ago. i put the phone down on the sl*g

2012 WRX Waggon

Try Sainsbury bank Insurance - I got a quote of 530, 100 quid cheaper than direct line.

34 - 13years NCB - No convictions (y)

All thats gonna change when I move to bloody Lymm, and my insurance goes up to 750 bleedin quid!!!! (cheers for the warning Paddy lol)

Alfa Mito 155TB

Direct Line were cheapest for me..tried about 30 companies including the so called cheap ones.

£480 a year.

I am 30, have 9 years no claims bonus, car parked on driveway...girlfriend on insurance which brought the price down...insured for class 1 business use as well

my bro in law had a mondeo and lives in an area which isnt the best for safe cars. anyway 680 quid.

puts my sister as the main driver and himself as a second driver. saves 250 quid with diamond.

thing is, she is 26 and hasnt got a full licence!!!!

they told him its nothing to add him as a named driver!!!!!

tops

Im 19, have 6 points on my licence from 1 year ago, 0 years ncd, fully comp, driving for 1 year and pay £1300 for my clio phaze 3 1.2 16 valver lmao :-(

Northern ireland has higher premiums - I pay just under £900 a year with 3 points - full no claims bonus next year though and 27 - should come down.

Just got mine for my new 172 that Im picking up on Saturday - £1040 from Tesco thats with 4Years NCD, no points and a reasonable postcode with my girlfriend (23) with 2years NCD as a named driver. Not to bad until I compare it to the £400 I paid for my VTR last year - still you only live once ;)

Whats the telephone number of the insurance company that you called as we can all then ring them and ask for quotes on ridiculous cars at ridiculous ages and really piss them off !!!!

Lets se who can get the stupidest quote from them ???

A cuddly toy for the winner !!!!!!!!!!