ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Quotes...172/182

Shhh

Basically car renewal is about end of April and as its nearly April i wanted to get a heads up into the renewal costs. I will have hopefully 4yrs ncb which i wanted to protect if its worth it.?? Ill be 25 and driving for 5yrs (feb 00) with no accidents, convicitions nor points. Passed bike test in 1998, and provisional since 1996. Run a quote against my car on Confused.com and came up with my car being a 182 Cup when its a 182 with Cup Extras so need to address that with them somehow. Car is a 04 182 with Cup extras in Racing Blue with Stripes. Standard inside covering 12,000miles per yr with social only. Dont need commuting yet as i live in work..

What you think.? Well Admiral came back with £900 Full Comp which i think is good, but i know people have it cheaper..

Who should i try, prefer internet based but open to offers.

Please reply with just your Age, Price and a Company Contact number to keep the thread down.

Thanks

Alias

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Im renewing end of this month.

Mk1 172.

Priviledge (or however you spell it), 24 years old, 5 years ncb, £540 with protected ncb or £460 non protected.

Ive got an 05 182 Racing Blue + both cup packs, 21 years old, 1 year ncb, 3 points (sp30) £1400 fully comp - Greenlight Insurance.

titanium 182

Im 23 5 year ncb 182 with cup packs got a renewal quote from admiral for £909 went on the admiral internet site got a new customer quote of £682 (protected ncb, fully comp, 4 drivers, social commuting and business use) rung admiral and they matched it - but I am a a girl and I did put my dad on the insurance which put the premium down

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

23, 3 points sp30, 6yrs ncb (yes 6), MK2 172, 12k a year, fully comp, protected, 17s, exhaust, tints, lowered, £900.

renaultsport clio 182

172,me and spouse,me 31 wife 36 full no claims no points or anything £520 last year,hoping its cheaper this year.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Just renewed last week....

10 years no claims
VERY bad postcode

£686 (420 excess)

Norwich Union Online.

Last year - AXA - £799, renewal £1364 !

NOTE: Loads of messing around to get this sorted. Basically there is only a 172 option online, had to quote for that and then speak to about 5 different people to get it for same price on 182. Took me an hour one the phone !!! otherwise they wanted £786 over the phone because i wouldnt get the online discount. Best price after that was first alternative at £788 and i got about 20 quotes !

26Yrs Old, 172 Phaze 2, 6 Years NCB, Newcastle, £550, Privilege.

I would definately give Privilege a go, they beat everyone.

106 GTi

£436 Fully Comp, 26 years old, 8 yrs NCB. Royal Sun Alliance through Adrian Flux.

Bell direct gave me a good quote too.

23 yrs old, 3 years ncb, NE3 postcode £773 10month bonus accelerator so about £850 for year. Bell direct online

[Edited by natcup on 30 March 2005 at 7:50pm]

Shhh

For myself only (full comp)

£1100

For me & the gf (full comp)

£964

For me & the gf & my mum (full comp)

£1137

Im only 24, quoting for when im 25 in april to give me a idea on what its going to be. Its coming up silly prices but i only passed my car test in 2000. Ill keep checking but i think its going no-where below £700.

Alias

norwhich union are giving a 20% discount if you buy online as well. they was cheapest for me. no nc previous accident and speeding offence for my 182 was £1200 fully comp. i think they was also doing an offer that if you had 4 years no claims and fully comp then you would get 14 months insurance for the price of 12.

[Edited by bsimmer3000 on 30 March 2005 at 8:20pm]

Nicksie

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 CUP

Had car for 2 and half years, 24, female, 7 years ncd, protected, fully comp, me only £647.85, RH postode with Direct Line. Carole Nash, Asda, and More Than wouldnt insure cos of age!!!

Shhh

Well i tried Norwich Union and they did could not quote me for the 182 as its not on the online quote thingy.

Im getting sick of it already...

Quote: Originally posted by royalsgoingup on 30 March 2005

mine was £900 on a 10month accelerator policy, im 20 with 3yrs ncb almost 21 adn have business use and 15k per year, this was with elephant
how is this poss??, is it just becuase your earing that much money? or what, cus otheriwse a normal 20 year old would not be considered for insurance on a 2.0 engine car?

yeah i also tryed elephant and they gave me stupid price of £3000 somthing. then me mate rang up about his mini cooper s and it was £700 his car was werth more as well. exact same details as well.

o well

Aliasomega you have to qoute it as a 172 they told me to do this as they hadnt updated systems but they was both classed as the exact same car. so their is no price difference. you have to get the qoute then call them. and they will complete the details.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Quote: Originally posted by AliasOmega on 30 March 2005

Well i tried Norwich Union and they did could not quote me for the 182 as its not on the online quote thingy.

Im getting sick of it already...
Get a quote on the 172, then ring them. This is what i did and they swapped it over to the 182 at no extra charge (had to do some messing around though).

[Edited by mauricewt on 31 March 2005 at 7:52am]

Actually, make that A LOT OF MESSING AROUND - spoke to 5 different people before i got it sorted. Ask to speak to someone on the internet team, that may help. Once i got through to a guy there he sorted it within 5 mins - all the rest didnt know what day it was!

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Quote: Originally posted by bsimmer3000 on 30 March 2005

norwhich union are giving a 20% discount if you buy online as well. they was cheapest for me. no nc previous accident and speeding offence for my 182 was £1200 fully comp. i think they was also doing an offer that if you had 4 years no claims and fully comp then you would get 14 months insurance for the price of 12.

[Edited by bsimmer3000 on 30 March 2005 at 8:20pm]
Load a s**t mate. Asked them about this when i was taking my 12 month policy out and they said oh, there isnt much point because the 14 for 12 policy is a lot more expensive ??!?!?!?!? WTF . It says 14 for the price of 12 ! Yeah but its a different type of policy . Just a bit of a con to get you to ring them.

MGP W02

182 with both cup packs

22, 2yrs no claims, 1 pending claim, 3points... £1200 add my mother to the policy £800 MINT!!! that was with Elephant.co.uk

182 non cupped (I know what youre going to say, but I ordered it back in January 2004, wasnt told about cup packs, plus Im to old!)

40, full ncb, including wife, £302 Morethan, excluding wife, £285 again with Morethan

Nicksie

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 CUP

Diamond insurance was a nightmare, first they would insure then wouldnt, then would, too bloody late, went with Direct Line. Tesco offer reasonable prices but cant be stuffed to change!

Shhh

Tried Elephant.co.uk and its coming out the cheapest. Im worried as the 182 i have is the 182 with Both Cup packs and Racing Stripes, how do i express this into the insurance quote, they are manufacturer extras but will these see these are the same. It also has stickers down the door.

Whats peoples experience on this.?

Alias

182 Spiced

24 1yncb elephant 742 with my dad

elephant like to know eveything. for tints its 70, for a diff. exhaust its 70 and for both of them extras its £120. Best thing is tell em i GUESS. Although im thinking about just getting the tints done and not telling them.

Quick question - going for illegal tints - and telling the insurance company - does that void the insurance?

2003 172 cup, full no claims, me and wife both 35, no points (now) with mods declared £440 through adrian flux including breakdown cover

2012 WRX Waggon

Privilege £419 Protected £300 excess with legal.

36 - 14years no claims garaged no claims + never been caught.

They beat Elephant by almost £100, plus they didnt charge me for installments cos the computer system was down meaning I was on the phone for 30 mins whilst they sorted it out.