ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Renewal

Clio 1.2 MK 3
Hi

Just had my renewal quote through the post with Admiral. OMG!! Last year it was £1050 Fully Comp with BreakDown and Injury Cover with one year ncb. The new quote with 2 years ncb is £1761.21!!! I am careful all year round and they reward me with 70% increase!! Any ideas why people??

Im 25 on october the 1st, my insurance runs out on the 28th of August, would it be worth waiting a month till I'm and getting insured then?

Many thanks

Tom

Clio 1.2 MK 3
shop around if find cheaper see if they can do a deal and match it..if not go else where thats crazy money

Yeah I am looking around, a lot of places wont insure me for some reason, My post code is WN7 , this makes no sense lol .

Clio 1.2 MK 3
That's mad, Admiral have always been so good to me.

Any better offers on Money Supermarket?

Not really, the best is Admiral at £1500 on the website its crazy as I was doing quotes a few months back and they were around the 1k mark, Im not paying £140+ a month for insurance lol

What'd your excess? An extra £200 on excess can sometimes save more than £200 on the price of the policy.

Gone up for everyone mate as said shop around and waiting a month probably won't make any difference.

Everyone says that but it didn't for me, went down £250 for me with Admiral.

Arctic Blue 182ff
My lord, that's hideous. The lack of much NCB isn't helping, for sure, but still. As a comparison, I'm with Admiral, 26, 8 years NCB, £348 FC.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Its a joke mate, the UK is falling apart, its simple as that.it really is disgusting to take 1500 from somebody whos never had an accident, how can tey justify it!?
Simple answer, because they can.

Clio 1.2 MK 3
Well I have just used tesco compare website and Admiral is now showing £1237.47, crazy isn't . The lack of ncb is I was once a biker and for some reason I couldn't transfer my bike ncb to the car lol

Its a joke mate, the UK is falling apart, its simple as that.it really is disgusting to take 1500 from somebody whos never had an accident, how can tey justify it!?
Simple answer, because they can.

It is quite bad. I'm 22, 2 years NCB, at fault accident 3 years ago, £670 Fully Comp, mods declared (helped by having girlfriend and mum as named drivers and hefty excess). Living in Suffolk helps!

Ph1 T
think mines about 1800 3party f&t 3yrs no claims 20yr old shopped around for ages and was cheapest could get on my 182 insurance prices are a joke now but if you want car suppose you have to pay it

182 FF
Just got my renewal through, im 19 (two years driving and 2 years no claims) last year which was my first year of cliosport ownership :) ....I paid £2,000 3rd Party Fire & Theft, now....... £1290 fully comp! Nearly fell off my chair! Not complaining mind :D made my day!

Alex

Jap Box
Gone up for everyone mate as said shop around and waiting a month probably won't make any difference.

Mine went down £1,000 this year :rasp: guess im one of the lucky ones.

As said, shop around and ring places up, not always cheaper to only use online comparisons.

Clio 1.2 MK 3
Ok Sky wont insure me due to WN7 postcode, nor will greenlight for some reason. Brentacare came up at £1385 and Adrian Flux came up at £4119, omg (says whilst looking at autotrader for a 1.2 car lol)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Skimmed the Thread, My Answer is Brentacre, about the only useful thing to have come out of Wales IIRC ;)

Fiesta ST-2
Just tried Greenlight as they were cheapest last year, I'm 24 5yr ncb and its £7642.74!!! What the actual f**k?! My renewal is £660 with adrian flux...

Listerine & Poledo
Nexct time a thread of someone barrel-rolling their modded Clio comes up, remember this thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Try Brentacre and mention your on here. If you have proof of your renewal claim or current best quote send them a copy as im sure they will do their best to beat it

Dan